October 13, 2019
Coming Up The Rest of This Month!
Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 9:00 a.m.--12:00 p.m.
Helping Guide the Rollercoaster of Emotions in Your Child
This presentation will briefly cover several different areas looking into your child’s mental health such as: stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm vs suicide, perfectionism and anger to name a few. Providing information to help understand their behaviors and emotions in each area as well as how to help them manage and cope.
Thursday, October 17, 2019, 9:00 a.m.--12:00 p.m.
Accessing Information on Special Education and Regulations
This training will provide an exploration of several websites that contain resources regarding the rights and responsibilities of stakeholders in Special Education.
These websites contain information regarding eligibility for services, legal references and materials outlining the dispute process when schools and parents cannot reach an agreement in an ARD Committee meeting. This training will familiarize parents with these sites, explore some of the content and demonstrate how to use some of the reference materials provided.
Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 6:00 p.m.--8:00 p.m.
What Parents Need to Know About Human Trafficking
Note: Children ages 8+ are able to attend this training with their family.
In this training, parents will learn what traffickers look for and how they approach victims. Myths versus facts will be discussed about human trafficking in the United States along with how trafficking happens, who it happens to and who are the victims. You will learn the signs that indicate your child may be in danger and how traffickers target youth at school and in any home.
Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 9:00 a.m.--12:00 p.m.
In Depth with STAAR Accommodations
Come go in-depth with the accommodations that are approved for use on the STAAR test for ALL students. We will work through some of the accommodations and show examples of them in action.
Check out November's Parent Trainings & Webinars!
Do You Have a Child Artist in Your Family?
The holiday season is right around the corner, and Education Service Center, Region 20 (ESC-20) is looking for student artwork to include in this year's holiday cards! Artwork should reflect the holiday season.
• Contest is open to all students, grades K–12 in the ESC-20 service area.
• All entries must be accompanied by this completed form (download below).
• Entries must be submitted in hard copy form only.
• All hard copy artwork must be submitted on 8.5” x 11” white, unlined paper.
• Limit one entry per student - limit 20 entries per campus.
• The work submitted must be created by the artist as an original artwork.
• Submissions may include illustrations using, but not limited to, watercolors, crayons, markers, colored pencils, photographs or computer generated art. No copyrighted materials.
• All entries must be received by Thursday, October 31st.
• No late entries will be accepted.
• Send mailed entries to Mayra de Hoyos, 1314 Hines Ave, San Antonio, Texas, 78208.
• Artwork will not be returned.
*For questions or more information, please contact Mayra de Hoyos, Coordinator, email@example.com, 210-370-5617
See attachment for details.
Fall Bazaar & Sensory-Friendly Santa Experience
Please join us on November 2nd from 9-1 at Easterseals Rehabilitation Center for our Fall Bazaar and a Sensory-Friendly Santa Experience for your family.
As we approach the holiday season, we would love for you to spend some time with our therapists and staff, as well as other Easterseals families.
Admission is FREE, but we do ask that you register. Everyone who RSVPs will be entered to win a door prize.
Location: Easterseals: 2203 Babcock Rd., SATX 78229
More details can be found HERE!
Click the Image Above to Check out the Local Pumpkin Patches & Events!
Learning Disability Awareness
- Learning Disabilities: An Overview
- ABCs of ADHD
- How Do You Know If Your Child Might Have a Learning Disability?
- What Are Learning Disabilities?
- What to Do If You Suspect Your Child Has a Learning Disability
Read more at LD Online!
Want to Learn More? Check out the Resources Below!
STOMP OUT Bullying!
Check out the resources below:
Click HERE if you can't access the form above and you'd like to leave Kimberly a comment, question or other feedback. Thanks!
Kimberly Baumgardner, Consultant, Education Service Center, Region 20
Kimberly has become quite passionate about empowering families to be more involved in their child's education and future as well as challenging and supporting schools to increase their efforts to involve families in their child's educational journey and focus on Family Engagement as an instructional tool that improves student's academic outcomes.
Kimberly enjoys living out in the country with her husband, Tyson and two daughters, Lynette & Lucy Sue.