North Queensland-Australia Rainforest
Many beautiful plants!
- The Daintree shows a wide range of mother natures best creations. It has the widest range of rare plants and animals on earth, approximately 1200 square kilometers.
- It has the largest chunk of protected tropical rainforest in Australia
- The Daintree Rainforest has many endangered species
- Many Naturalist/Environmentalists including David Attenborough Say that it is a world wide treasure that needs to be protected at all costs.
Landscapes @ Scenery
- Untouched tropical rainforests
- Golden beaches with calm water
- Hiking and walking tracks
- Thousands of species of birds and other wildlife
- Remote wilderness
The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest continuously surviving tropical rainforest in the world, it is thought to be 165 million years old
The Wet Tropics is home to a rich diversity of plants and animals
- The Daintree's wet tropics are home to many animals including, at least 663 species of vertebrate animals, 230 butterfly species, 135 dung beetle species and 222 species of land snails.
- It is made up of 65% ferns, 28% frogs, 40% birds, 34% Mammals