PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
GSA is cancelled today and will resume meetings on Wednesday, Jan. 20th in A116 from 4:30-5:30pm. Please don’t forget to bring your t-shirt money $6.
NHS SPRING MEETING & COMMITMENT FORMS
Mandatory Spring Meeting
- Returning Seniors & Juniors: Tuesday, Jan. 12th or Wednesday, Jan. 13th
- New Members Juniors: Thursday, Jan. 14th
Please come to a meeting either day in the Lecture Hall (Bldg. B) during both lunches or afterschool.
Commitment Form Turn In: Thursday, Jan. 21st. Turn in your completed form (located at www.planonhs.com) in the Bldg. B Lecture Hall during both lunches, 7th period or afterschool.
- students planning on taking an AP exam this year must complete registration in the Total Registration program
- registration will be Wednesday & Thursday, Jan. 20th & 21st from 8am – 4:30pm in A101
- students will need to report to the computer lab before or after school, during lunch or during a release period to register
- students that registered for their AP exams during December DO NOT have to register again
CLINICALS & PHARMACY TECH PROGRAMS APPLICATION DEADLINE
- If you took Principles of Health Science your Sophomore year and would like to apply for the Clinicals Program for the coming school year (2016-17) applications are available for pick up from Mrs. Waters in A221 or Mrs. Miller in A214. Applications are due NO later than Friday, January 22nd.
- If you would like to apply for the 1 hour Pharmacy Technician program and have taken Principles of Health Science, Chemistry, and Algebra 2, please pick up an application in Rooms A221 or A214.
GRADUATION CAP & GOWN ORDERS
If you have not already done so, please visit www.texasgradshop.com to order cap and gown and announcements. You can NO LONGER order the cap and gown at www.Jostens.com. For delivery in late March at PSHS, your order needs to be submitted NO LATER than Tuesday, March 1st. This will also ensure that your size will be available.
CALLING ALL CATS
A special evening is coming up for all 8th and 10th grade students, parents, and current students at Plano Senior High School….CALLING ALL CATS, Thurs., Jan. 14, 2016, 6:00 – 8 pm! Please plan to attend this informational evening and learn all about the wonderful opportunities at Plano Senior High School. You’ll be able to purchase spirit wear and visit with incredible senior high teachers regarding course study, learn about all of our award-winning performance art and visual arts programs, and become familiar with all the fabulous coaches for all Wildcat sports. The entire campus will be open for you to visit.
The Plano Jazz Ensemble will have it's annual Swing Dance on Sat Jan 16, 2016 in Club Cat (aka- PSHS Cafeteria) from 7pm-10pm.
Tickets can be purchase in advance for $8 each from any current Jazz Ensemble student OR online at planobandevents.membershiptoolkit.com.
Please be sure to choose your favorite Jazz Ensemble student as the person who sold you the ticket as they are in a contest to see who can sell the most tickets!
Any questions? Please contact Pam Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: