March 18, 2022 Updated
We are so lucky to be Meadowlarks! It has been a terrific month of learning and celebrations across our school.
Thanks to all of our 4th grade families for costume designing, practicing presentations and joining our 4th graders bring Colorado History to life. They were tremendously proud of their research writing.
Along with amazing research and opinion writing across our school, we are all enjoying our 2nd Annual, One School, One Book- Upside Down Magic. To find out about upcoming opportunities to engage, please check out our Webpage! We look forward to a School-Wide Celebration of Upside Down Magic and Year of Learning on Friday, April 22nd. We would love more volunteers as well to make this a wonderful opportunity to engage as a community. If you are interested, please email: Christine.Cervera@adams12.org.
Spring is in the air! We want to wish each of you wonderful and restful week. We look forward to the joys of spring learning- measurement, geometry, financial literacy and a favorite- baby chicks hatching in kindergarten when students return March 29th.
Prairie Hills Elementary School
Hug and Go Safety
Our Hug and Go Lane is a great option for a safe drop-off and pick-up each day, away from the street traffic. The second row in our parking lot IS NEVER a drop-off location for students. If you want to park and walk your child through the parking lot crosswalk you may, but with the height of vehicles students may NEVER be dropped off from your car from our parking area.
Due to the concerns with the large number of vehicles driving around other vehicles through our crosswalks we have asked for our Thornton Police Department to be present to support. For our student's safety, please be patient with one another, we have a good flow of traffic which is under 10 minutes at both drop-off and pick-up.
- Pull as far ahead in the lane as possible and then allow your child to exit.
- There is no parking in the Hug and Go Lane at any time. If your child hasn't arrived at pick-up we ask that you circle around and re-enter to allow a smooth traffic flow.
- Please be patient, it is ONE LANE to support the crosswalk safety within the parking lot.
- Students may only enter and exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. The driver may not exit the vehicle.
- We have a large number of spaces and a simple enter and exit for all parents that would like to park, a great option away from the street traffic.
- If you utilize the PHE Parking Lot, please use the crosswalk at the top of the lot to ensure safety and a smoother flow in our Hug and Go Lane.
- Students are not permitted to cross through the parking lot on their own, they must be with an adult and utilize the crosswalk.
- To support safety and a clear line of sight, the streets closest to the school are designated as no parking. There is also NO PARKING within 20 feet of all crosswalks.
For more details regarding our Hug and Go Lane, please see our presentation on our PHE Website- https://prairie.adams12.org/
- 3/18, 3rd Grade In-House Field Trip with University of Colorado
- 3/18 4th Grade Field Trip to the Colorado History Museum
- 3/21-3/28, Spring Break
- 3/29, PTO Get Egg'ed Sale Begins
- 3/31, Chick-Fil-A Student Leadership Spirit Night
- 4/1 One Book Spirit Day: Upside Down Day (Backwards clothing, mismatched)
- 4/4, CMAS Testing Begins (see website for specific grade level times)
- 4/8 One Book Spirit Day: Dress Like Nora/Fluxer Day
- 4/15 One Book Spirit Day: Slushies and Stuffies Day (Bring a favorite Stuffed Animal)
Save the Dates:
- 4/22, School-Wide Celebration, One School One Book Night, 6-8
- 4/28, 5th Grade Healthy Bodies Parent Information Night, 6-7
- 5/3, 2022-2023 Kindergarten Orientation Evening, 6-7