Welcome Back to School!
Ms. Brittney's 5th grade class
A Little About Me
This is my first year teaching 5th grade and I am very excited! I am looking forward to getting to know all of the children and helping them grow and develop. I received my teaching degree a couple of years ago from the University of Houston. I have known since I was a little girl that becoming an educator and helping children was my calling. I go about teaching in a hands-on manner, and believe that exploring and experiencing things this way is the most effective way for children to learn, while also thoroughly enjoying doing so.
Mark Your Calendars!
This school year we have a number of awesome things for our students. Some of the following will be for the school as a whole, while others will be for my class only. There will be more things added onto this list in the future as the school year continues, however, I just wanted to give a heads up on several of the events that are considered to be set in stone for the first three 6 weeks of school. I will be sure to send home reminders as the dates approach.
- September 16th is Picture Day
- September 24th is Open House
- September 25th is Fair Day- no school
- September 30th is Picnic Day
- October 12th-21st is the Book Fair
- October 22nd is our Field Trip to the Museum of Natural Science
- October 28th is Picnic Day
- November 5th is the Harvest Festival
- November 18th is Picnic Day
- November 25th-29th is Thanksgiving break
- December 21st- January 3rd is Christmas break
- Each week, I will randomly pick 2 students to be my helpers. It is important to allow children to help out and feel important. Each student will receive a little reward at the end of the week as my thank you.
- I will also be picking 1 student at the end of the week for a special prize. This student will have followed all of the classroom rules, been kind and helpful to his or her peers and other teachers or administrators they come across; basically being an overall wonderful role model. Due to fairness, the same student will not be picked during the same 6 week period.
- I believe it is important to keep our environment beautiful and healthy. I would to teach this to the students by making it available to them to pick up a few pieces of trash they might see on the ground during recess. In doing so, I will reward them with a small piece of candy.
- At the end of every 6 week period, if every student receives no more than 3 warnings, I will reward the class by playing bingo at the end of the day for prizes of their choosing.
I will be available every morning before school begins from around 7:15-7:45. I will also be available after school on most days until at least 3:30.
Feel free to call, text, or e-mail me whenever you'd like with any questions, comments or concerns.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
My phone number is: (281)777-2359
A Life of Integrity Inspirational Videos