Spur-i Pepper Class News
Week of December 8th
District Benchmarks this week
We will begin taking our LISD 18 week Benchmarks in Reading, Writing, and Math this week. These assessments help me identify which students need additional challenges and those who may need some intervention.
Please encourage your child to do their best, but the tests themselves are not for a grade.
We will not have spelling words this week because of the benchmarks.
Polar Express Day
Our class needs to borrow a large coffee urn (similar this: http://www.target.com/p/west-bend-30-cup-polished-aluminum-urn-58030/-/A-727793
to heat our water in during the day.
The Holiday Party is Coming
This week our learning targets are...
- Math: I can add and subtract fractions with equal denominators using objects and pictorial models including the number line. PACE: I can add and subtract fractions.
- Writing: I can write an introduction that includes a topic sentence and that "hooks" my reader.
- Reading: I can summarize a the main idea and supporting details in texts that I read, and I can distinguish fact from opinion in a text and verify what is fact.
- Social Studies: we will learn about the Comanche Indian tribe.
- Science: we will investigate sinking and floating properties of objects.
Recorder Orders for Performing Arts Class
Your child will have an opportunity to take the order form/payment to Mrs. Carpenter before school and on our PAC day.
12/10 Reading 18 week Benchmark
12/11-12 Writing 18 week Benchmark
12/12-15 Math 18 week Benchmark
12/17 Recorder Orders Due
12/18 Polar Express Day - wear pajamas
12/19 Holiday Party 1:10-2:10
12/22-1/4 Winter Break
1/5 School Resumes
Follow our Class on Twitter!
If you do not have a Twitter account you can still follow us via text!
Send Follow @torresteaches to 40404