August 27, 2021
What is Friday Notes?
- Thermometers: we request families take their child's temperature before leaving the house. This helps to identify a fever before arriving at school.
- Extra facial coverings: your child should have an extra facial covering with him/her each day. We know facial coverings become soiled, wet, and/or lost.
- Water bottle: hydration is an important health practice!
- Hats: with an increase in outdoor learning, a labeled hat will keep your child's head and face protected from the sun.
Home Health Screening
- Does your student have an abnormal temperature (100.4° or higher)?
- Does your student feel unwell or have any of the following new or unexplained symptoms that are not due to another condition: cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, chills, recent loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Has your student come in close contact with anyone that you know has COVID-19?
If your child can answer yes to one of these questions, please keep your child home. In the past, parents may have encouraged their student to "give it a try" with the promise of an early pick-up if the child continues to not feel well. We ask parents to adjust this practice and to keep your student home if he/she is not feeling well.
Reminder: If symptoms present while at school, parents/family will be notified and the student will be sent home immediately. While awaiting retrieval, the student is required to be isolated from other staff and students while waiting.
First Day of School Pics
We have a fun tradition that we were not able to enjoy last year...but we are bringing it back this year! We take first day of school photos of students with their family members at arrival. Students and families entering the PK wing will have their first day photo taken by Mr. Stein and students and families entering at the K-8 wing will have their first day photo taken by Mrs. Nordenson and Mrs. Wilson. If your student's first day is Tuesday or Wednesday, fear not! We will take the first day photo on one of those days.
MEDICATION DROP OFF
PK3 and PK4: drop-off begins at 7:45 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
K-8: drop-off begins at 7:30 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
- Parents of students in PK3 and PK4 (along with older siblings) must enter at the Manosh Early Childhood entrance with their student during morning drop-off (7:45 am - 8:00 am), as parents must sign-in their PK student each day. Once the PK student is signed in, parents with older siblings may accompany their older student to the K-8 section of the school. Parents of older siblings also have the option to depart after signing in their PK student and allow the older sibling to proceed to the K-8 section of the school independently.
- Parents of students in grades K-8 may walk their child into the K-8 entrance of the building during morning drop-off (7:30 am - 8:00 am). Parents of students in grades K-8 also have the option to drop-off their student in front of the K-8 entrance of the school.
- Students in grades K-8 who arrive between 7:30 am and 7:50 am will report to the multi-purpose room where they will be supervised until dismissed to their homerooms at 7:50 am. K-8 students arriving between 7:50 am - 8:00 am may walk directly to their homerooms.
- PK3 has an adjusted dismissal schedule the first week of school.
- PK4 has an adjusted attendance and dismissal schedule the first week of school.
- K has an adjusted attendance schedule the first week of school.
- Please see the July Edition to review attendance and dismissal schedules for these grades.
breakfast and lunch update
Here's how to order breakfast, milk, and lunch:
- Log into Family Portal
- Click on the 3 bars in the upper left corner
- Click on Student in the left margin
- Click on Lunch
- Click on Create Web Order at top of page
- Enter the quantity next to each item you want to order (please choose which type of milk your student will want with lunch - pre-k can not choose chocolate and grades 5-8 can order 2 milks)
- Please be sure you are aware of the date you are ordering for and if you have more than one child, you need to order for each of them individually.
- Click on Order Items at the bottom of the page
PK-8 Dismissal begins at 3:00 pm and concludes at 3:15 pm.
- PK parents must enter at the Manosh Early Childhood entrance to sign out their child. PK parents may then proceed to the K-8 area of the school to retrieve older siblings.
- K-8 parents must enter the school through the K-8 entrance and retrieve their child at their child's homeroom.
- RCT riders will be dismissed from their homerooms and wait in the multi-purpose room of the K-8 building until the bus arrives. Older siblings may retrieve younger siblings and they will wait together.
We will not use the numbered car magnets at this point; however, should we need to adjust our dismissal procedure, and revert to using the car magnets, we will issue magnets to new families at that time.
After School Program
We are excited to welcome back Michelle Hines-Tomlinson, Mark Stein, and Emma Frost. We are pleased to announce that Stephanie Krukar will be joining our team three days a week!
athletics update from Coach Bu
Bishop Marshall School soccer season is upon us and we are very excited about the opportunity to get out and play. This season, we will be able to compete with other teams; currently, we are not required to wear masks for outdoor trainings and games. All training sessions and home games will be held at Bishop Marshall School. Game schedules are being worked on and we will publish the schedules once they are finalized.
All teams will meet and have a training session the first week of school to get acclimated to training. Parents can complete and return registration forms (attached) before or at pickup. A quick orientation for families will happen at pickup this coming week, so please arrive 15 minutes before pick-up so you can attend.
Players should bring the following items to trainings:
- Cleats and shin guards
- Change of clothes (to change into before trainings)
- A refillable water bottle
- Soccer ball
Week One Schedule
- Grades 1-2: Monday 3:15-4:00
- Grades 3-4: Tuesday 3:15-4:15
- Grades 5-6: Wednesday 3:15-4:15
- Grades 7-8: Thursday 3:15-4:30
Week Two and Beyond
- Grades 1-2: Mondays 3:15-4:00
- Grades 3-4: To be finalized this coming week
- Grades 5-6: To be finalized this coming week
- Grades 7-8 Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:15-4:30
This season we would like to start an ATHLETIC CLUB. This club would be involved with a little bit of everything, from operating the clock at games, to helping set up and maintain the ice skating rink (more on that later). This is not just parents, this is everyone, children as well, working together. We look forward to announcing our first Athletic Club meeting in next week's Friday Notes.
Thank you everyone and see you soon.
Coming Up Next
August 30 - First Day! Families of students in PK3, PK4, and K, please see teacher communication regarding the unique first week's schedule for our youngest learners.September 3 - No School
September 6 - No School
September 9 - Back to School Night
September 13 - Picture Day - be on the lookout for picture packets in student backpacks
September 24 - Homecoming
• Backpacks • Notebooks and composition books • Folders • Binders • Paper (college and wide ruled) • Pens • #2 Pencils • Highlighters • Crayons • Markers • Colored Pencils • Glue and Glue Sticks • Pencil boxes and pouches • Calculators (regular and scientific) • Rulers
DONATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH SEPTEMBER 10th
Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
74 Pleasant St.
Stowe Elementary School
254 Park St.
David Gale Recreation Center
336 Park St.