RHS Bands Update
March 23, 2016
Spring Concert & Symphonic Band Events
As we begin the fourth quarter, I wanted to take a moment to update everyone on our spring events. Please note the events below for all Concert Band & Symphonic Band members.
- Sunday, May 1: Loyalty Day Parade - 2:00 p.m. - Downtown Rutland (Report time and location will be announced once we have received our lineup information)
- Wednesday, May 18: RHS Spring Band Concert - 7:00 p.m. - RHS Gymnasium (Students arrive by 6:45 p.m.)
- Monday, May 30: Rutland City Memorial Day Ceremony - 11:00 a.m. - West Street Cemetery (Students arrive by 10:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, June 9: RHS Graduation - 6:00 p.m. - Spartan Arena (Students arrive by 5:00 p.m.)
Jazz Ensemble Events
The Jazz Ensemble will continue its jam-packed year of events right through the end of the year. Please note the Jazz Ensemble only events below. These performances are in addition to the May 18 Spring Band Concert.
- Thursday, April 7: Global Issues Network (GIN) Conference - Jazz Ensemble members are involved in two different aspects of this conference hosted by RHS. Jazz Combo members will perform in the main lobby during the afternoon (time TBA). The entire Jazz Ensemble will perform just prior to the evening community event at the Paramount (Students arrive at the Paramount at 5:00 p.m. We will play until the documentary screening begins at 6:00 p.m. Students are then free to leave, but are encouraged to stay for the movie).
- Thursday, June 2: Six Flags New England - The Jazz Ensemble will have the privilege of performing at the park in the morning and will then have time to explore the various park rides and attractions. More details to come soon.
- Friday, June 3: Alumni Jazz Night - We're excited to welcome back any and all RHS Jazz alumni to this fun and informal event. The Jazz Ensemble will perform a short concert followed by a few numbers with a mix of current and past Jazz Ensemble members. We will once again welcome former director Glenn Giles who will lead the group in a couple of tunes. This year's event will be held in Main Street Park starting at 6:30 p.m. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll move indoors to the RHS Cafeteria. Any alumni wishing to participate should complete this form: http://goo.gl/forms/5TUcTB2NR4 Please help spread the word!
- Tuesday, June 7: Discover Jazz Festival - RHS is proud to be a part of this great festival in Burlington! The Jazz Ensemble will be performing on the "Top of the Block" stage on the Church Street Marketplace at 1:15 p.m. Students will also have the opportunity to eat and do a little shopping on the Marketplace.