Newsletter Highlighting Normangee ISD
This newsletter will be used to help keep parents, guardians, and students informed of all things happening within the district. We are excited to be able to highlight all of our student and staff successes! As always we will work to keep our website up to date and current with information also... check us out at
Elementary School Updates
Principal - Cody Gore
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dinosaurs Roamed Normangee!
We had The Dinosaur George Museum on campus on Friday. It was an AMAZING event! All of our elementary students had the opportunity to explore and dive into the AGE OF DINOSAURS! 5th Grade students were able to be ambassadors and help run tours through the museum. The "Open to the Public" time from 5PM-7PM was a huge success and we had a wonderful turnout. We are so thankful to be able to bring these opportunities to our students of Normangee Elementary.
End of the progress reporting period is Friday. Please check Parent Portal for grade updates.
Middle School Updates
Middle School Updates
Principal - Jake George
Email - email@example.com
6th Grade students were able to explore the dinosaur museum and it was awesome to see students so curious and inspired!
Check out the pictures below of Coach Thomas' science class working through their lab activity. Hands on, student centered learning is taking place and its inspiring to see students working in groups and collaborating through the learning activities.
We wanted to give a shout out to our Middle School Band students who are working hard with Mr. Easterling to learn their instruments and music! We are looking forward to the Christmas concert.
Middle School Sports are in full swing! Students are competing in both Football and Volleyball at this time. Check out the Middle School Football and Volleyball schedules below. Make sure you come out and support the Panthers!
High School Updates
High School Updates
Principal - Trae Davis
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Homecoming week was a huge success.. We were so blessed and excited to see all that turned out for the various activities. We would like to thank all of the local fire departments that assisted us in safely having the bonfire. Without these hard working fireman, we would not have been able to carry out this tradition this year.
Follow us on Twitter @NormangeeHS
Extra-Curricular Updates / Scores / Info:
Ag / FFA participated at SHSU College and Scholarship Fair on October 1st
- Oct. 8th - Ag Awareness Day @ State Fair
- Oct.9th (Time is TBA) All other HS fall sports Pictures and MS sports
- Oct. 9th Balfour Ring Order - Junior Class during RTI - Auditorium
- Oct. 8th Volleyball vs. North Zulch
- Oct. 11th Volleyball vs. Iola (At Normnagee)
- Oct 11th Varsity Football vs. Leon (At Leon)
- Oct. 16th SAT during School Day and PSAT
Fall Dress Up Days
Be sure to have some fun and dress up on the Fridays below!
OCT 18th Cayuga wildcats- “surfing our way to victory” *pink out* Hawaiian
(Wear your pink out shirt with the best Hawaiian attire you have)
NOV 8th Kerens bobcats- “knock the bobcats out” blackout
(Wear bright neon colors) *blackout*
Counselor - Kimm Tesch - email@example.com
OCTOBER 16TH - PSAT and SAT TESTING! Get Registered!
Cupcakes with the Counselor:
This year our counselor is hosting "Cupcakes with the Counselor." This is a really neat and fun incentive and award program for our elementary students. It allows them to be recognized for their efforts/successes. It is also a great opportunity for our students to build a positive relationship with Mrs. Tesch. Students are selected to invite a friend to eat lunch with Mrs. Tesch in her office, hang out and enjoy cupcakes!
Normangee ISD Staff DID YOU KNOW!?!?
- Did you know that Middle School Teacher and Coach, Derek Thomas was honored and recognized at the Leon County Salute To Our Veterans Weekend! Coach Thomas is a decorated war veteran who served in the United States Marine Corps. He operated as a Scout Sniper. He was awarded a Purple Heart along with many other medals and achievement for his time in the Marines. Thank you Coach Thomas for serving our country and being a great role model for all of our students at Normangee ISD. (Coach Thomas is pictured below, 3rd from the right, with other local veterans who were honored and recognized at the event)