Center Community Chat
June 12, 2022
Dear Center Community,
WOW, it is hard to believe there are only 4 more days of school left for students. A reminder that the last day of school, Thursday, June 16th, is a half day for all students. Students will be dismissed at 11:45.
Field day was a huge success on Friday, as you can see by the pictures below. A special thanks to Tanya Kivi and all of the volunteers who made this possible. Books were donated in abundance and students were able to take several. Thank you to those who donated water to keep students and volunteers hydrated. Thank you also to all those who volunteered their time and to the PTO for donating popsicles. "This was the best day, ever!" was heard frequently, so thank YOU for making that possible.
Emails from Chelmsford Public Schools
We understand that many emails from school personnel are going to junk mail. Please check your junk folder to see if you have missed emails from us.
Science Fair Coordinator Needed
The K-4 science fair has been a long-standing, popular, tradition at Center. We would love to bring this back and need to people to volunteer to chair this in order to do so. Please email Dianna if you are interested.
Join the Center Team
Looking for the best job ever, look no further. Center has two opening for lunch and recess aides. Get your steps in and hang out with great children. Here is a link to the posting: https://www.schoolspring.com/jobs/job.cfm?jid=3901813& .
Have a great week.
Dianna and Donna
School Bus Registration Information
Dear Parents and Guardians,
School bus registration for the 2022-23 school year is underway. We need to begin to collect data on riders for the fall, so efficient routes may be developed for the start of the school year.
An “early bird” payment discount is available for registrations completed by July 4, 2022.
Information pertaining to school bus transportation may be found on the Chelmsford Public Schools website at the following link:
Please see the attached flyer and registration directions for more details. It is very important that every student is registered to ride the bus regardless of if there is a fee. Prompt registration allows the transportation department to begin building routes for optimum efficiency, and if you are required to pay a fee it saves you money by registering early.
A few reminders about student transportation:
- ALL STUDENTS who desire to ride the school bus to or from school MUST REGISTER EVERY YEAR, even if they are not required to pay a fee.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS AND PAYMENTS are processed ON-LINE using MySchoolBucks
- When registering, each student must be entered separately in MySchoolBucks. This means for families with more than one child riding the bus, a registration must be completed for each child.
- MySchoolBucks will provide assistance for using their on-line registration system if needed during the registration process. MySchoolBucks support can be reached directly at (855) 832-5226.
You will need to look up each student in MySchoolBucks and add each student to your account. Looking each student up will require name and LASID or birthdate. Each student must be registered separately. New students to the district please allow 24 hours prior to registering on MySchoolBucks.
Memo - FY23 Bus 2022-2023 new bus trans flyer 5_13_22.pdf
Online Registration instructions (002).pdf
Summer enrichment shared by Dr. Lang
History coming alive through biography presentations in 3rd grade
These BINGO winners enjoyed a great breakfast with the 4th grade team
Thank you to everyone who supported Center by shopping at the book fair
Fun with friends at recess
Field Day Fun
Tuesday, June 14: Flag day
Tuesday, June 14: Gr 3 Enrichment - Wingmasters 9:30 - 10:30
Wednesday, June 15th: 4th grade Moving On Ceremony and events, starts at 12:30 in the gym
Thursday, June 16: Move up Day, 9:15-9:45
Thursday, June 16: Half day - last day for Students:
Friday, June 17: Half day - Last day for Staff
End of the year Spirit Days
- June 9- Wear your grade level colors for field day; Kindergarten- purple; 1st Grade- green; 2nd Grade- Blue; 3rd Grade -Red; 4th Grade- orange
- June 10-Sports Day
- June 13- Neon Color Day
- June 14-COPYCAT DAY (find as many people as you can to dress like...don't leave your teachers out!)
- June 15- Chelmsford/Center Pride
- June 16- It is Center tradition to end the year on a tropical / Hawaiian theme note