all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of May 2nd 2016
The people at the Moog Foundation were so moved by our sound school performance they have asked that we come into the recording studio and record our song so that they may use it for promotional purposes!!!
This will be an exciting field trip that takes place this Friday May 6th. Sorry for the late notice, but they just asked, so we've got to scramble. We're sending field trip forms home today (hot pink). Please get them returned by Friday so your child may attended.
We also have another field trip planned to the Nature Center, Monday May 23rd. The cost of this trip is $4.23. We will also need chaperons for this trip if you are willing to help out, let us know. Field trip forms for this trip are also being sent home today (blue).
Please let me know if you have any questions.
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- We have begun studying poetry this quarter. We have been looking at rhyme, alliteration, and rhythm. We have also been working on discussion meaning of the poems we read.
- Writing- This month we will be working on writing poems.
- Math- This week we will be working on representing and interrupting data through the use of various graphs.
- FUNdations- This week we will begin /OU/ sound like in soup.
- Science- This quarter we will be working on studying life cycles.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about economics principles like needs/wants, goods/services, supply/demand, and spending/saving.