The Female Reproductive System
By: Liz Pautz
- Produces female egg cells
- Designed to transport egg to fertilization
- Pregnancy or menstruate
- Produces female sex hormones
- Shedding of uterus lining
- Blood from uterus to small opening in cervix
- 3 to 5 days
Eggs in a female = 1 to 2 million
Answer Key to Questions
What happens during the menstrual cycle?
The body sheds the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding for 3 to 5 days.
What organ produces the egg cells and hormones?
Where does fertilization normally occur?
How many eggs does a woman have?
1 to 2 million eggs
Where does the fertilized egg implant in?