2nd Reading and Writing Planning
Oct. 31-Nov. 4 and Nov. 7-11, 2016
2.8-Drama (10/31 and 11/7)-Students understand, make inferences, and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of drama and provide evidence from text to support their understanding.
2.8 A-identify the elements of dialogue and use them in informal plays
Quality Questions: What did ___ say?
Why did ___ say ___?
When ___said ___, was he/she talking to someone?
Can you read what ___ said to ___?
11/14 and 11/28-Procedural
12/5 -Research (DCA math and reading)
- Expository 2.19 -students write expository texts to communicate ideas and information to specific audiences for specific purposes.
- 2.19 A-write a brief composition about topics of interest to the student.
- This can be written from a prompt or about a topic in science or social studies. If they write about Science or Social Studies make sure they are not copying information from a book.
- What makes a best friend and why?
- Which day of the week do you like best and why?
- If you could ask your teacher one question about themselves, what would it be and why?
- Think about a time when you did something that you didn’t want to do. Explain why you did it anyway.
- Think of your most valued possession. Explain why it is so important to you.
- Explain what your favorite thing to do after school is and why
- Conventions 2.21 (v) prepositions and prepositional phrases
- Process-2.17 A, B plan and develop draft (Spanish same)
Social Studies (10/24 and 10/31)
Unit 2 should be completed by the end of the grading period. I have broken it down into 2 week periods so it should be manageable.
Concepts/Main Idea* (*correlates to the Essential Questions)
- People have to make choices about needs and wants because resources are limited.
- Using money is easier than bartering for making exchanges.
7(B) Describe how natural resources and natural hazards affect activities and settlement patterns.
9(A) Explain how work provides income to purchase goods and services.
9(B) Explain the choices people in the U.S. free enterprise system can make about earning, spending, and saving money and where to live and work.
1. How do people get what they need?
2. What is the difference between a need and a want?
3. How do people make choices about spending?