Hillcrest Elementary School
Week of January 21, 2024
What's Up Next?
Good Day HES Family & Friends!
Thank you for your support in helping us celebrate 100 Days of school and the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. last week! Our students and staff had a great time recognizing the many milestones that have been made thus far this year and the importance of service. Now, we are ready to take it even further these remaining days of this school year to reach higher heights and exceed at meeting our end of the year goals. We can definitely do that with all hands on deck. We look forward to continuing supporting you and your child as we reach towards high achievement and success for all students.
Lastly, please be reminded that school starts at 8:15 a.m. Please make every effort to have your child arrive on time to school daily. Also, if your child is absent for any reason, please be sure to submit a doctor's excuse or parent written excuse the day your child returns back to school. We thank you for your continued support of our students and school.
Habit of the Week: Habit #6 – Synergize!
This is the habit of creative cooperation. Individuals should think of teamwork when it comes to solving problems. After all, two heads are better than one when trying to come up with solutions. When you synergize, you are also working on increasing your communication with others. This will eventually lead every individual to having better relationships with others, especially when you are working on the same job.
Family Activity: As a family, pick a recipe to try out this week and plan a family meal together. Make sure that everyone has an opportunity to contribute in some way. After you have enjoyed your delicious meal, take time to discuss how it felt working together to get the job done successfully, as well as what it could have been like if only one person had done it alone.
Habit #6: Together is better!
A Reveiw of Last Weeks' Activities: Photo Gallery
Mrs. Mullis's Kindergarteners Writing Skills at Work
This group of kindergarten students have been reading and comparing different versions of the gingerbread man stories this winter. They had an opportunity to retell or create their own version of the story. What an awesome job these kiddos did! We have some future authors in the making!
Dress Code Reminders
- Sweatshirts and hoodies may be worn to school, but hoods cannot be worn inside of school/classroom.
- Shirts must be solid in color.
- Leggings cannot be worn as "stand alone." They can be worn under a solid colored skirt/shorts.
- Jeans/Pants may not have any rips, holes, tears, or frays.
- Shoes must have a strap on the back of them. No Crocs allowed at school.
Please help us by making sure your child is appropriately dressed before coming to school each day.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pick Up Reminders
- There will be one (1) lane used for morning drop off.
- There will be two (2) lanes used for afternoon dismissal.
- Cars MUST have their car tag number in the window to pick up your child. Cars without a tag will have to drive to the front of the building and wait for your child to be released at 3:30 p.m. with remaining car riders.
- Vehicles must make a right-hand turn off of Edgewood Drive into the Car Rider Line Up near the playground entrance.
- Parents/Guardians may take any of the following routes to reach our car rider line: Cardinal Drive, Northwood Drive, Brookdale Drive, Greenway Drive, and Pinewood Drive from either Claxton Dairy Road or Highway 441 South to get to Edgewood Drive.
- Parents/Guardians MUST remain in cars to pick up car riders. No child will be released to adults who walk up to the building in the Car Rider Loading Zone.
- Please wait for staff member to signal for you to pull off.
- Parents/Guardians may not park along Edgewood Drive and walk up to the front of the building to pick up students while we are loading or unloading buses (7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.)
- Students not picked up by 3:25 p.m. from the car rider pick up area will be taken to the front office for pick up after this time.
Clear or Mesh Book Bags Required
All students must have a clear or mesh book bag to enter the school building. We do have a few clear book bags left for sale in the front office, if you need to purchase one, for $10 each.
Coming Up Next...
January 26: DCS's District Spelling Bee, 9:00 a.m. DHS Auditorium
January 29: Local School Governance Team Meeting, 5:00 p.m.
February 3: DCS Career Fair
February 7: DCS's Elementary Science Fair
February 8: STEM Night, 5:30 p.m.
February 13: Elementary Love & Basketball Game
February 14-19: Winter Break/ No School
February 20: Local School Governance Team Meeting, 5:00 p.m.
February 22: Black History Program
Location: 1100 Edgewood Drive, Dublin, GA, USA
Phone: (478) 353-8200