The Tragedy of Racism
Tiana L. Per. 7
What role do leaders play in shaping the way a community responds to a crisis and in preventing other crisis?
Martin Luther King Jr. & James Brown
* Martin Luther King Jr. also was trying to get rid of Segregation
* Martin Luther King Jr. was shot and did not live
* When James Brown got the information about what had happened to Martin Luther King Jr., he was shocked
* James Brown made a song tribute for Martin Luther King Jr's death
* In James Brown's songs, you can tell he is trying to stop the crisis from preventing again
The Two Towns of Jasper
* James Byrd was murdered by being dragged by the three murderers
* 2 of the guys had 2 death penalties
* The 3rd guy was sent to prison for life
* It has been 150 years since someone has caused a death of an African-American
* They took a fence and separated the blacks and the whites in the cemetery
Who came together when everybody found out James Byrd Jr. got murdered?
What was drawn when the colored had to sit way back of the bus?
What relation was it when everyone knew why the 3 guys murdered James Byrd?
What did Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK) try to stop?
What effect did James Brown have when he found out MLK died?
Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK)
Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American pastor, activist, humanitarian, and leader in the African American Civil Rights Movement. He is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights using nonviolent civil disobedience based on his Christian beliefs.
James Byrd Jr.
James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were, white supreme-racists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind their truck along a dirty and rocky road.
James Joseph Brown, Jr. (May 3, 1933 – December 25, 2006) was an American recording artist and musician. One of the founding fathers of funk music and a major figure of 20th Century Music and dance, he is often referred to as "The Godfather of Soul". In a career that spanned six decades, Brown profoundly influenced the development of many different musical genre