Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
January 26, 2015
- This week is the Great Kindness Challenge Week at Munroe! Here is our schedule:
Monday 1/26: Crazy for Kindness: wear crazy hair.
Tuesday 1/27: Team Kindness: your favorite sports team apparel.
Wednesday 1/28: Mix-it-up: mismatch outfit and colors.
Thursday 1/29: Peace, Love & Kindness Day: tie-dye clothes.
Friday 1/30: Good Sportsmanship: wear Tallmadge/Munroe colors.
(4th & 5th grade students can wear Olympic shirts.)
- We are getting purple Olympics shirts (our class color this year is purple) for the Olympics on Friday afternoon. If you'd like a shirt for your student, they are only $5! Please send money in to me or make a check payable to Munroe School. If you are available to help out and volunteer at the Olympics, please email me. We'd need you in the gym by 12:15 p.m. Thanks in advance!
- Club Invention sign-up forms went home on Friday! Mrs. Gotto runs an after-school science club and it is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please return permission slips on Monday (tomorrow) if your child would like to be in the Invention Club. Thanks!
- I have noticed many of our students are not wearing appropriate winter gear. We do go outside in winter for recess if the temps are warm enough. Please make sure your child is wearing a winter coat and gloves (especially gloves -- with fingertips, too). Thank you!
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
Thank you to Trevor for being our new Teacher Helper!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We are starting our next unit this week, Fractions!
- Reading - We are getting back into our "Book Clubs" and "Magazine Monday" routine. We also started reading "Readers Theater" on Fridays, which the students love! Our focus for the next few weeks is informational text and non-fiction elements of text.
- Writing - Our third quarter will be devoted to informational writing. We will complete a few research projects and will practice the writing process. You will notice that we now have 15 words (instead of 10) on our spelling tests. Your child should have their 15 words written in their student agenda. Spelling tests are every two weeks.
- Science/Social Studies - This is our last week of science with Mrs. Ruesch! Then we are going back to social studies for a while so that we can learn about the American Revolution. We will also prepare for the upcoming PARCC social studies test (new in 4th grade).