Touch base with your Counseling Team during this distancing.
Changing Course Requests for 20-21
Happy Decision Day Class of 2020!
As counselors we believe in the importance of mental health, and know there is a stigma around getting help. Check out this video from Mrs. Smith who talks about how to confront that stigma.
College and Career
College Quick Start for Rising Seniors
Friday, Aug. 7th, 8am
14051 Spriggs Road
When: August 6th, 2020 from 8:00 am- 2:00 pm
Where: Hylton HS Library
Who: First Generation Student's + Counseling
•12th grade only, 2021 Graduates, students only•
Cost: Free! Pizza lunch provided
Limit: Sign ups are limited to the first 40 students
Sign up here: https://bit.ly/HyltonQuickStart2020
Log in to Naviance
To log into Naviance, please do the following:
1-Go to Hylton's homepage, in the upper right corner hover your mouse over "students" and a drop-down will appear
2-Click on "Naviance Student" from that drop-down (should be first column)
3-The Hylton Naviance log-in page will appear. Click "Log in with Clever"
4-Search for your school will appear, type "Hylton High School"
5-It will say Prince William County Schools at the top of the page, click "Log-in with Office 365"
6-Use the log-in that you would normally use on the school's library computers. If you do not know that, you must contact Mr. Shawn Jones. We cannot assist with the school log-in credentials.
7-After you log-in, you will see your Naviance home page
Match Common App to Naviance
- Log into your Common Application Account
- Once you are in your Common App account, click the “Common App” tab
- Make sure you have chosen C.D. Hylton as your school. You can do this in the Education section on the left.
- Under the “College Search” section of your CA, make sure you have at least one college listed, that you are applying to, that uses the Common App
- Under the “My Colleges” tab, click on “Recommenders and FERPA” on the left margin
- Go through the questions on the FERPA Release Authorization section, checking the necessary boxes
- You are done with the Common App. portion of matching!
- Now, sign into your Naviance Student account….Remember to use Clever
- Click on “Colleges” (top right), then click “Colleges I’m Applying To”
- In the red box, enter your Common App e-mail address and your date of birth
- Click “Match”…..make sure your Common App name and Naviance name are exactly the same