Valley Creek Cougargram
August 4th, 2023
WELCOME BACK NEWSLETTER
Thank you everyone that came out to our Community event yesterday! We had a great time showing off the first phase of our Valley Creek Garden and the beautiful mural created by other art teachers in memory of our beloved Amanda Kelly. Teachers, parents, and students had a great time catching up!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone Monday for Meet the Teacher Night!
Dr. Ebonee King and Mrs. Ross
A valid state or government issued photo ID must be presented each time you visit, volunteer, or pick up a student. Please be prepared to present your physical ID upon arrival.
A background check is required each school year for people wanting to volunteer in McKinney ISD. This includes making copies, lunch duty coverage, classroom parties, field trips, and other volunteering that takes place inside and outside our building. We encourage you to complete your volunteer application as soon as possible to avoid any delay in the processing.
ALL PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILL THIS OUT NOW SO THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO VOLUNTEER!
BACK TO SCHOOL EVENTS
Friday August 4th - Welcome to my Class! -
- Find out who your child’s teacher is going to be on Friday, August 4th, starting at 3:00PM.
- Your child’s teacher will be sending a welcome video or phone call to introduce themselves and their grade level team.
- If your child does not receive a welcome contact by 4:00PM, please email Assistant Principal, Mrs. Amber Ross at email@example.com , or Principal, Dr. Ebonee D. King at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will assist your family in receiving your child’s welcome email.
Monday August 7th - 5:30-6:30PM - Meet the Teacher Night -
- Parents and students will visit teachers in their classrooms.
- Have an opportunity to tour the building.
- Visit our PTA in the cafeteria! They will have ways you can join, volunteer, and spirit wear.
- Club 360 representative and get information.
- Get information for My School Bucks payments.
MUSIC, ART, AND PE WELCOME VIDEO TO ALL COUGARS!
2023 - 2024 EVENTS
- Doors open and breakfast begins at 7:15AM
- Students arriving from 7:15AM-7:30AM will meet in the cafeteria
- Parents & students walk to their classrooms on the 1st day of school from 7:30AM - 7:55AM
- Parents wishing to walk their students into the building will need to have a Visitors Pass from the front office. These will be available beginning at 7:20AM.
- 8:00AM - Instruction begins
- 3:07PM - Dismissal begins - please be patient as the safety of our students is our #1 priority
NEWS FROM THE SECRETARY
School supplies should be brought with students for Meet the Teacher Night.
EPI school supply orders will be distributed to classrooms in advance of this evening.
PLANNERS:Students in grades K-2 that pre ordered school supplies will have a planner included with their pack. Students who did not pre order supplies will be able to purchase their planner for $2.00 from me in the CAFETERIA at Meet the Teacher Night. Exact change is appreciated.
Students in grades 3-5 will use a different organizational format and do not need to purchase a planner this year.
Listed below are two easy ways you can support our campus while you grocery shop!
23-24 VCE School Supply Lists
STUDENT REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT
- Information regarding MISD enrollment can be found here: MISD ENROLLMENT
- Returning students registration information and snap codes have been emailed for this upcoming year. If you have not received it or have questions refer here first: RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION.
- New students will need to register online here: NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION .
When a student is absent a parent must provide to our campus registrar written documentation for the reason for the student's absence. Per the MISD Student Handbook pg. 33 of 104:
Documentation after an Absence: (All Grade Levels) within three (3) school days of the student’s arrival or return to school, a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence must be delivered to the appropriate campus office for attendance documentation.
Please include in the note:
Student’s Legal Name
Date(s) of Absence
Reason for Absence
Attach Doctor’s Note, if applicable
Please communicate any absence information to our Campus Registrar, Mrs. Dharamraj at: email@example.com
AFTERNOON DISMISSAL CHANGES (FOR EXAMPLE: WALKER CHANGED TO CARPOOL ON A RAINY DAY)
The form will open at 8:00AM each morning for dismissal changes and will close at 2:30PM each day. Please let us know before 2:30PM if you need to change the way your child will go home for that day.
- Teachers are actively teaching during the day and will be notified by the front office of changes in dismissals for their students.
- Change requests after this time cannot reliably be met and can cause a delay in your student's dismissal or require you to visit the front office to receive them.
STUDENT BREAKFAST/LUNCH ACCOUNTS
Before the first day of school families may only fund their child's breakfast/lunch account online, or using their new app, using My School Bucks. More info on their site here: MY SCHOOL BUCKS.
On or after the first day student accounts may be funded online or in person. Our cafeteria can only accept cash or checks for in person payments.
MISD meal costs and nutritional information may be found HERE.
FREE AND REDUCED MEALS PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS
Follow this link for information about MISD Meal Programs.