May 27, 2020
Reopening of Town facilities
The Town of Sunnyvale implemented a COVID-19 emergency response plan on March 13, 2020, outlining how Town facilities and personnel would operate in response to the ongoing pandemic. Following Governor Abbott’s order to advance to Phase II of the Open Texas plan, the Town of Sunnyvale will be reopening most Town facilities.
Town Hall - Open for walk-in services
- Town Hall is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Town administrators are recommending that patrons utilize a face-covering to protect themselves and others. Town staff members are required to wear a face-covering when assisting customers.
- The doors facing East will be used as the entrance to the facility while the doors facing the North side of the building will be used to exit the facility. (Signage is in place).
- Public access areas will be frequently disinfected during the hours of operation.
Library - Curbside pick-up
- Curbside pick-up remains available from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Holds on items can be placed by calling the Library at (972) 226-4491 or online at sunnyvalepubliclibrary.org; a Library staff member will notify the customer when the hold is ready.
- Please utilize the spaces in the parking lot and refrain from pulling up in front of the Library or in the aisles; these spaces need to remain clear for returns and for the Fire Department.
- An ID or Library card is required to pick up items.
- Returns may be dropped off in the book drop and will be disinfected and quarantined for 24 hours.
- Public computers, fax, and copy services remain unavailable at this time.
- The facility will be open for browsing effective June 2, with limited capacity.
- Utility Billing Clerks are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; (972) 226-7177.
- Customers are urged to utilize online bill pay found at: municipalonlinepayments.com/sunnyvaletx.
- The Town also has a drop-box for payments located in front of Town Hall, 127 N. Collins Rd.
- If customers have a delinquent balance, contact a staff member to make payment arrangements to avoid utility disconnection.
- Court hearings continue to be postponed until further notice.
- Court Clerks are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; (972) 203-4143 or (972) 203-4144.
- Online payments for citations may be made at municipalonlinepayments.com/sunnyvaletx.
- The animal shelter will reopen to the public on June 1.
- As there is limited staffing, customers are encouraged to call the shelter to schedule an appointment at (214) 862-4525.
- Parks are currently open.
- Reservations for park facilities can be made by calling (972) 203-4161.
- To arrange for a building permit, please call (972) 203-4169.
- Payments can be made at the drop box in front of Town Hall or in the lobby.
The continued use of the drop box or the Town’s online payment system is highly encouraged. For online payments, please visit municipalonlinepayments.com/sunnyvaletx. The convenience fee will continue to be waived for those making online utility payments during the COVID-19 disaster period. Please refrain from placing cash in the drop box – a check or money order is preferred.
For general assistance or other business not mentioned above, please contact Town Hall at (972) 226-7177.
Town officials continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and other changes will be implemented as we are able. Stay safe!
Please click this button to complete the US Census. They will ask for your ID, which is on materials they mailed to you. If you do not have this number, please use the option to enter your address.
Click here to register for more information from the Town of Sunnyvale.