Grade 3 (Qur'an)
Newsletter #2: Sharing the planets UOI 6
What We Learned in This Unit?
Water conservation in Islamic Teachings
Water occupies a pivotal role in Islam, and is recognized by Muslims as a blessing that “gives and sustains life, and purifies humankind and the earth”. The Arabic word for water " ماء " is referenced exactly 63 times throughout the Holy Qur’an and is a recurring topic in many of the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him). In this UOI, Students learned the meaning of Surat Abasa and how Allah (SWT) created everything from the water which shows the importance of water.
- Memorize Surat Abasa.
- Review the previous Surahs they memorized.
- The general meaning of Surat Abasa.
- Looked to several Aya's in the Qur'an which talks about the sources of the water.
- Continue reading on the reading log in the month of Ramadan.
- Reciting Surat Al-Kahf every Friday.
here is the link for the surah they are working on, please let your kids listen to it