THE JAZZ AGE
By Ashton, Natalie, Samantha, Aidan
- This era was named by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- The birthplace of Jazz is located in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- New styles of music and dance arose out of the Jazz Age.
- There was cultural division between modernists and traditionalists.
- Jazz and blues music were extremely popular in the 1920's.
- Three very famous musicians in the Jazz Age are Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, and Jelly Roll Morton.
- The record and the radio made music very popular and accessible.
- During this time period, women got the right to vote.
- The Great Gatsby was based off the Jazz Age.
- The Jazz Age was a mixture of African American and white traditions.
Louis B Armstrong - What A Wonderful World (Official Video) (1967) (O.S.T. Good Morning Vietnam)
Boundless. "The Jazz Age - Boundless Open Textbook." Boundless. N.p., 2015. Web. 11 Jan. 2016.
Mintz, S., and S. McNeil. "Digital History." Digital History. N.p., 2015. Web. 11 Jan. 2016.