Unit 5: Morality
God bless our children who are preparing for their First Holy Communion! Here are some engaging in their retreat!
Some of our PREP kids reflecting on the beauty and mystery of Lent with their Family Lenten Bags!
End of Year Reminders
Missed Work and Registration for Next Year
There will be no "summer make-up" available. Please do not register for next year until all work has been completed. Thank you for your cooperation. Please feel free to contact the PREP office with any questions or concerns.
Registration for Next Year
We will be offering in-person classes Sundays 8:50-10:05 am and Tuesdays 4:30-5:45 pm as well as our Whole Family Catechesis Model (similar to this year's model minus the Flipgrids). Sunday and Tuesday classes will be limited and once classes are full they will be closed for registration.
We need more catechists and assistants for Tuesday in order for Tuesday classes to run. Please consider taking on this very special role. If you volunteer as a catechist you will receive free tuition for all of your children in PREP. Assistants will receive 50% off.
All families will be asked to attend our two faith formation events and a Lenten activity. Also, Whole Family Catechesis families with children in grades 2 and 6 will need to bring in their children for sacramental preparation (stay tuned for details).
A final note: Please be aware that all of this is contingent on the health conditions of our community. We are now prepared to go fully virtual if needed. The health and safety of our children and catechists will always be our top priority!
Parent Reminder: Please make sure your children have turned in Unit 1, 2, 3, and 4 Quizzes (chapters 1-4, 6-9, 11-14, 16-19) and the Unit 1, 2, 3, and 4 Flipgrids
Some Highlights of Unit 5
Being like Jesus, virtues
- Making moral choices, the 10 Commandments
- Our conscience
- Following Jesus…the Beatitudes
- Caring for God’s creation
- Being Peacemakers
Family Faith Sharing
- Talk with your child about the effect on others of compliments, praise, and kind words. As a family, make an effort to say one positive thing to each other daily.
- What commitment to God would you and your family like to make? Will you promise to attend Mass every Sunday, to give a portion of your income to poor people, to provide for daily family prayer time, or to make some other family commitment to growing closer to God?
- Discuss with your child ways he or she can treat others fairly. Do any prejudicial attitudes at home or school call for change?
Activity Ideas for Unit 5
Putting our Faith into Practice at Home
2. During dinner invite family members to share stories and problems from their day. Invite other members of the family to express what they would do in each situation. Relate the experiences to the Beatitudes and build on the discussion to teach lessons in morality.
3. Make a Framed Family Motto with the directions provided below.
1. Write a family motto together.
2. Have a family member write the motto on cardstock or paper using decorative lettering.
3. Invite each person to help decorate the motto using symbols that have meaning for your family.
4. Have all family members sign their name to the finished product.
5. Frame the motto and hang it prominently in your home.
Click below for a Unit 5 Saint Stations Activity for each Level
Focus on the Saints!
Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5:
May 22--Unit 5 quizzes (sessions 21, 22, 23, 24) and Unit 5 Flipgrid Due
April 15--All four First Holy Communion Pages due
April 25--9:15 am First Holy Communion practice for 11:00 am Mass group
April 25--11:15 am First Holy Communion practice for 2:00 pm Mass group
May 1--11:00 am and 2:00 pm First Holy Communion Masses
April 17--Confirmation Lesson 7 google form and Flipgrid due
May 1--Confirmation Lesson 8 google form and Flipgrid due
May 22--Confirmation Saint Paper Due--email to firstname.lastname@example.org