Doyle Elementary Weekly Update
Important Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, June 14th- Last Day of School (Minimum Day- 11:45AM Dismissal)
- Tuesday, June 14th at 11AM- 5th Grade Promotion
- Monday, August 29th- First Day of the 22-23 School Year (Minimum Day-11:45AM Dismissal)
5th Grade Promotion
Does your child have medication in the health office?
Thank you from the Doyle PTA
As the school year comes to a close, the Doyle PTA would like to thank all our whole AMAZING Doyle community for their support this year. THANK YOU! If you'd like to help us to continue the work we do to support Doyle, please consider volunteering with the PTA, all of our opportunities can be found at: https://doylepta.org/volunteer.html
Free Summer Meals for Kids!
San Diego Unified School district will be serving free lunch at several locations throughout San Diego this summer. The free meals will be served to all kids 18 and younger. To find a location near you please click here.Information about summer lunches can be found here.
Parent Workshops in the 22-23 School Year
Fostering Academic Success
We all want our children to succeed at school, but how do we help them achieve this? For one hour, one day a week for five consecutive weeks parents will learn tools that will enable them to foster in their children the non-cognitive skills science tells us are essential for academic success.
1. Growth Mindset
2. Effective Praise
3. Character Strengths
5. Goal Setting
Dear SDUSD families,
We would like to thank you for your support in our first year of implementing the 1:1 Device program. As we prepare for summer break there are a few reminders we would like to share with you.
Please note that all students grades 2-11 will take their devices home for the summer to support extended learning opportunities. Students attending the Summer Experience will be expected to bring their device with them each day. Others can use the devices at home to continue to work on math skills, access digital books, and more!
As you support your student during the summer months, please remember to:
1. Monitor screen time by limiting access to the device to only certain times of the day
2. Have your student use the device in an area where you are able to supervise
3. Keep the device away from water and other dangerous elements
4. Keep the device in a safe place when not in use
The Help Desk will be open during the summer months from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. You can call (619) 732-1400 if you need support or visit the SDUSD IT Support site at http://bit.ly/sdusditsupport. It is expected that your student will bring their device to start the 2022 school year. If you move schools within the San Diego Unified School District, please take the device with you. If you are leaving San Diego Unified School District please return the device to your local school so that it can be removed from their record.
Thank you and have an enjoyable summer,
The Instructional Technology Department
Upcoming School Year Important Dates
2022-2023 Dates to Remember:
- Aug 29 First day of School (minimum day)
- Sept 5 Labor Day
- Nov 11 Veterans Day
- Nov 14-18 Parent Conferences (minimum days)
- Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
- Nov 28 Staff Development Day (minimum day)
- Dec 19-Jan 2 Winter Break
- Jan 3 Staff Development Day (minimum day)
- Jan 16 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb 17 Lincoln Day
- Feb 20 Washington Day
- Mar 20-24 Parent Conferences (minimum days)
- Mar 27-Mar 31 Spring Break
- May 26 Non-Instructional Day
- May 29 Memorial Day
- Jun 14 Last Day of School (minimum day)