Updates and Reminders
December 3, 2020
A Few Highlights!
1. Please click on the following buttons for important information. We aim to keep you informed!
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher or substitute bus driver.
- "Teacher Tuesday" with Julie Southwood, 8th grade Science, CMS
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through June 30, 2021!
- 2020-21 Revised Academic Calendar
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar
2. As shared previously, we have had a recent uptick with quarantines/isolations with our bus drivers. Our maintenance team has stepped up and served graciously as substitute bus drivers. We need all families to plan accordingly for alternate transportation should the necessity arise to cancel a bus route(s). We thoroughly appreciate everyone's efforts to do their part, so we may continue to offer in person instruction in our schools!
3. Our school board meetings will be held in the cafeteria at Cascade Middle School, 6423 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118 effective August 12th and continuing until further notice. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month.
The MCCSC Plan for COVID -19
The 2020-21 school year will be a series of ebb and flow. We aim to provide in person instruction, although certain factors may necessitate a change to Extended Home Learning for a period of time (i.e. staffing scarcity, executive orders, etc.). After each transition, we plan to return to in person instruction. The safety protocols in place in our schools (cleaning, hand sanitizing, social distancing, wearing a mask, staying home when ill, etc.) are effective. We must all do our part outside of our schools as well to assist in mitigating the spread!
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
Please click on the buttons below for our MCCSC Dashboard, Governor Holcomb's Executive Order, Exposure guidance, and guidance on COVID-19 Screening. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES