The Eagles' Nest
EMS Parent & Family Newsletter - January, 2022
EMS Responsive Advisory Meetings
Click here to learn more about Responsive Advisory Meetings.
Spring Track at EMS
As we are facing the cold, we are already looking forward to warmer weather and we promise that spring will soon be here!
With our Spring Season approaching, our Boys & Girls Track teams will be holding an Interest Meeting on Wednesday, January 26th at 7:15am in the LOI.
More information can be found on the attached Flyer and this Parent Letter.
We are excited to meet your student athletes and have a great spring season!
Coach Babetski & Coach Curley
It is time to "Let It Go" and have some fun!
The Eisenhower Middle School will be presenting Frozen, Jr. for three performances.
The show dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, March 31st at 7pm
Friday, April 1st at 7pm
Saturday, April 2nd at 2pm
Seats are being sold exclusively online.
Tickets cost $10 each plus a small online processing fee.
Please visit the club's website for the links to order tickets:
Any questions please email: Jessica Blewitt email@example.com
A Message for 7th Grade Families from the Roxbury Public Library
The Roxbury Public Library is looking for 8-12 7th graders to participate in a focus group. It doesn’t matter if they are current library users or not. The tentative date is Tuesday 1/20/22 at 4:30
Interested parties should reach out to Radwa Ali, Director:
Attention Class of 2026 Families - 8th Grade Parent Night @ RHS
Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 6:30pm
1 Bryant Drive
Roxbury Township, NJ
Attention rising 9th grade students and families! Come to the RHS Auditorium on January 19 at 6:30 pm to learn about the following topics which will be of interest to you as a rising 9th grader:
- Graduation requirements as well as all of the different course offerings in each of the subject areas
- How students are placed in our course levels
- The course selection process (which will begin in early Feb.)
- An overview of the many sports and activities that RHS has to offer.
Due to nature of this evening program (groups of parents will be moving from room to room to get short presentations on the various subject areas) there will not be the ability to live stream. We are planning to send out summary information and resources after our 8-9 scheduling events take place.
Parent Presentation - Positive Parenting Solutions with Amy McCready
Wednesday, Jan. 26th, 6-7:30pm
This is an online event.
Returning to a typical routine after the initial impact of the COVID 19 pandemic has been a challenge for everyone...especially our students. Supporting students with the transition back to a typical school environment is a critical transition that is best accomplished through a school and home partnership.
Global Hi-5 Multicultural Expo
Thursday, Feb. 17th, 6-9pm
1 Bryant Drive
Roxbury Township, NJ
Let´s Celebrate & Travel to Cultures around the World! Come tantalize your 5 senses through international expressions of cuisine, music, art, crafts, dance performances in the context of CommUNITY!!!
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Global Hi-5 Expo or to RSVP for the event. Snow date is 2/24/22
Other Upcoming Dates to Remember:
January 17 - Schools closed for Martin Luther King Day (Professional Development for Staff)
January 21 - 8th Grade End-of-Year Activities (Payment 1 Due, partial or full)
January 26 - Last day of Marking Period 2 (extended by 1 day)
February 1 - RHS Counselors visit 8th grade to begin scheduling process
February 3 - RHS Electives Fair during 8th Grade Lunch
February 4 - RHS Choir Assembly during 8th Grade EEE
February 7-11 - 9th Grade Counselor visits EMS to assist with 8-9 student scheduling
February 10 - Spring sports forms due. Click here for more information.
EMS News & Notes
Spectators @ EMS Indoor Sporting Events
The winter sports season is up and running, and we are excited to see so many students and families interested in showing up to cheer on our student athletes. In the interest of safety and orderly operations, please take note of the following information regarding EMS student attendance at home athletic events:
- All EMS students that are not on team rosters must leave the premises at the conclusion of the school day.
- Arrivals for sporting events begin 15 minutes before the start of competition. For example, arrivals for a 4:00 event begin at 3:45.
- Parents & guardians - The school makes every effort to staff our events with supervisory personnel, which will enable students to safely attend without the presence of a parent/guardian. However, if unexpected matters arise and we are unable to provide school-sponsored supervision, all EMS students who wish to return for an athletic event must be accompanied by an adult parent, guardian or caretaker. This adult must walk in with their student(s), keep an eye on them during the game, and remain on site until all have been picked up or exited the premises. Please walk your student(s) into the gym and check in with the site manager or other school official to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Students must follow all directions given by the school's event staff. Failure to follow the rules will result in a phone call home for the student to be picked up, and potential loss of future after school event privileges.
- Students and adults must abide by Governor Murphy's Executive Order 251, which requires masks to be worn while indoors at public schools.
On behalf of the student athletes, coaches, and event staff, we thank you for your support of our teams and programs and anticipated cooperation with these matters.
Lost & Found - Take a Look!
Additional layers of support for your EMS student:
In addition to connecting you with additional resources and programs like Saturday Support, ISL math, or our Math/ELA/Spanish Extra Help Labs during Eagle Hour, our counselors can assist with scheduling a phone, video or in-person meeting with your child's teacher or academic team. Don't wait, reach out today!
News and Notes from the Health Office
- Please send students with a supply of spare face coverings in a zip lock bag. Replace or refresh periodically.
- Please make sure your student has a water bottle to refill at fill stations
- Spring sports forms are due 2/10/22. Click here for more information.
EMS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Meet our 2021-2022 EMS PTO Officers:
President - Caryn Block
Vice-President - Heather O'Brien
Treasurer - Dawn Schepisi
Secretary - Nicole Watson
* Class of...Spirit wear is in production, and should be completed on or around January 24.
* All Eisenhower Middle School PTO Officers can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Have you signed up for your PTO membership yet? Click here to join and learn about all the great things your membership dues support at EMS.
Get Involved! EMS Athletics & Extracurriculars
Useful Resources for Parents & Families
- Tech problems? Complete a Tech Help Desk Request Form for Students & Parents
- Reporting an Absence or picking up early? Please Utilize Genesis. Reminder - Early pickups in the front office must begin no later than 15 minutes before dismissals.
- Picking up in the car line? Follow PM Car Line Procedures