The Lion's Den
Parent and Community Updates: Week of 9/20 - 9/24
Terrific Kids (Top Pic) + ROAR Prize Winners (Bottom Pic)
Ms. Taylor and Ms. Jones facilitate small group math enrichment activities with our preschoolers
The Google Meets Link will be uploaded to your learner's Schoology Account
Weekly Updates 9/20 - 9/24
We are excited to ROAR into a new week of growth and opportunities!
Special thanks goes to Giant Resource Recovery, Inc. (GRR) for joining us with our attendance initiative.
Special thanks to Moes Restaurant for providing coupons to our Terrific Kid winners.
Special thanks to our families who joined us for PTO on last week! We appreciate you!
Upcoming Calendar Dates
9/20 - Virtual Open House
9/22 - 1/2 Day for Students
9/24 - College Spirit Day
10/4 - Fall Parent University
10/11 - 15 National Metric and National School Lunch Week
10/13 Make Up Picture Day
10/28 - Report Cards
10/28 Fall Festival
1. Virtual Open House will be Monday, September 20 @ 6:30pm. Please join us virtually. The Google Meet link has been emailed to all registered participants. Also, you may find the link in your learner's schoology course. If you need additional information about gaining access to
the link, please feel free to call the school, as well.
- Title One Information will be presented
- You will have an opportunity to join your learner's teacher virtual room
- Quarterly Parent Conference Dates will be given.
2. Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant Recipient: Lemira was awarded the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable grant. Due to this grant, we have the opportunity to provide snacks to our students mid day. Starting Monday 9/20, we will be providing fresh fruits and veggies to our learners as a mid day snack.
3. 1/2 Day (Wed) 9/22: Students will be dismissed at 11:00am. Please notify your learner's teacher or front office, in writing, if your learner will require a change in transportation.
4. Friday (9/24) is College Spirit Day. Have your learner dress in his/her favorite college shirt with his/her uniform pants to promote College Awareness Day!
5. Please continue to check your learner's blue communication folder for school communique, important forms to sign, and homework.
6. Thank you to our parents who have submitted their feedback for our upcoming Fall Parent University. Your responses have been recorded, and we are now in the planning phase for the workshop topics.
7. Attendance: Attendance is important at Lemira as attendance connects to student achievement. Please make sure your learner is present, unless he or she is sick. As a reminder, tardies will occur after the 7:30am bell. If a student arrives after 7:30am, the parent must sign the student in.
We thank you for your continued support of our initiatives. It truly takes a village to ensure the success of our students! We thank you for being a part of our village.
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg, Ed.S
Proud Principal of Lemira Elementary School