Welcome to Baggs Elementary!
We are glad you're here
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
We are so excited to see all of our Baggs Bobcats, new and returning! We are thrilled for the start of a new school year and all of the great things that are going to happen at Baggs Elementary! Below are a few things you can do to help make this year a successful one:
- All day - every day! Thanks for helping your child be at school every day on time. Our doors open at 7:50 and our school day begins at 8:20 AM. Students are considered tardy at 8:35 AM. We keep learning until 3:35PM.
- Read! Read with your child, to your child, and encourage them to read on their own. Need materials for your child to read - we are here to help! Your child's teacher along with Mrs. Kelly would be happy to help.
- Please be courteous of others in our busy parking lots! We want all of our students and visitors to be safe!
- Get to know your child’s teachers! Let's work together to ensure your child's success!
- Please establish an end of the day routine for your student. We realize appointments and emergencies come up, but if it all possible, keep changes to a minimum. This will ensure a safe and timely dismissal for all of our students!
Thank you for your support. We look forward to an awesome year!
Student Engagement at Baggs Elementary
Does your child come home talking about Kagan structures? Are you wondering what a Rally Robin or a Timed Pare Share is? These are structures we use to ensure our students are engaged. When students are engaged in their learning, the learning sticks! Kagan structures are sets of procedures or routines that students learn to use in order to engage with the content they are learning and to learn cooperatively with others. Research shows that teachers who use Kagan structures have a better classroom climate, less discipline issues, higher student achievement and students show more self esteem. Click HERE to watch a short video that explains more!
Join us for a 5k walk/run to benefit schools in Cheyenne! 100% of the proceeds from the race will fund grants provided by Cheyenne Schools Foundation. Check-in starts at 8:00 and the race begins at 9:00. Hope to see you there!
My School Bucks is a user friendly program for parents who choose to make meal payments online. Open link for complete instructions.
MySchoolApps is the fast and secure way to apply for free and reduced meals online.
Treasure Hunt Question
September 18 - Football Baggs vs Arp at Miller Field
September 20 - Football Baggs vs Goins at Miller Field
September 25 - Football Baggs vs. Freedom at Miller Field
September 28 - Last day for immunization records
October 9 - No school for students. Professional Development day for staff.