Plano West Senior High School
Blue Nation: Leading with Pride!
Friday, September 16, 2016
Open House Is Coming Soon! - NEW
Join the Wolf Den - NEW
Jostens Ring Orders - NEW
AVID Hosting Practice PSAT
Blue Nation Choir Poinsettias
- PTSA Casserole Day
- College Visits
- Yearbook Announcements
- PISD Stadium Rules
- Athletics and Clubs - NEW
Open House Is Coming Soon!
We are looking forward to opening our campus up to our community to meet and greet our outstanding staff. Please join us this coming Monday evening (7:00 pm to 8:45 pm) to walk your students' schedule and hear from each of their teachers.
The purpose of Open House is to provide you with some basic information concerning the various classes your student attends while at Plano West Senior High School. At the completion of the evening, you will have experienced the daily routine of your son/daughter and have an understanding of their courses.
***Access Parent Portal at: https://parentviewer.pisd.edu/ to obtain a copy of your students' schedule.
- You may use the space provided on the attachment to write in the schedule or use the electronic version once you are on campus.
- Additionally, Booster Clubs will be selling Plano West Spirit Wear in the foyer of Building A.
- Also, please park in designated spaces on the North and West side of the campus. Please do not park in fire lanes.
We look forward to seeing you on Monday, September 19, 2016.
Fall Open House Invite Letter.pdf -> http://elist.pisd.edu/eNews/0010_55_Fall_Open_House_Invite_Letter.pdf
Join The Wolf Den!
Our goal is one PTSA member for every student. We want one parent or community member to represent and support each Plano West Wolf.
Your membership dues and donations help us fund the Blue Nation t-shirts that are given to every student and staff at West. They help us support College Night, Homecoming, Prom, After Prom, Senior Scholarships, Teacher Wish List, and Staff Appreciation.
Seniors are eligible for many scholarships funded through the PTSA. There are multiple scholarships that are awarded every single year to students who are PTSA members in both Junior and Senior years of attendance. We encourage all students to join the PTSA.
Please join the PTSA today at: . www.wolfdenptsa.org
Keep the Pack Strong!
The largest and oldest provider of class rings – will be coming to Plano West Senior High to take jewelry orders in the main hallway outside the cafeteria on September 20 from 8:30 to 2:00 and September 21 from 8:30 to 6:30. Have fun and save time by designing your jewelry online at www.jostens.com<http://www.texasgradshop.com/> and bring a copy of your order with you along with the $50.00 deposit. Extra packets are also available in the main school office.
AVID Hosting Practice PSAT
Blue Nation Choir Poinsettias
The Plano West Choir is taking orders for their annual Poinsettia Fundraiser. These plants are fabulous and a must have for the holidays. Sales are open from September 7 to September 21. Thank you in advance for your order and support of the Award Winning West Choir. Delivery will be the first week in December. Please contact Patti Goodwin with any questions. email@example.com
PTSA Casserole Day
Dear Plano West Parents:
We need your help. The Plano West PTSA Hospitality Committee is organizing the school’s annual Casserole Day. This is a day where we show our appreciation to the faculty and staff by providing them with a meal that they can take home to enjoy with their families, without having to cook. We’ve chosen Oct. 13 for Casserole Day.
We will need 260 casseroles for this endeavor. You may donate one or more. We have arranged with Central Market for a meal package that includes a casserole, salad and dessert for $20. The store will deliver for you, so all you have to do is place the order.
To order, please go to the Plano West PTSA Membership Toolkit by Sept. 30, and place your order online using your credit card for one or more Central Market casserole packages.
Please note that because of the size of this endeavor, we are limiting contributions to online only through Central Market, which may be unlike what you’ve done at other Plano ISD campuses.
Carrie Flores and Linda Leavell
College Visits for the Week of September 19th - 23rd
Colleges Visiting Week of Sep 19 -Sep 23:
Morehouse College, 9/20
Southwestern University, 9/21
St. Edwards University, 9/21
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 9/21
US Coast Guard, 9/22
Illinois State University, 9/23
Long Island University, 9/23
Northwestern University, 9/23
University of New Orleans, 9/23
Upcoming College Information Sessions:
Univ. of Calif., Los Angeles/Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center on Sat., Sept. 17, 10:00 - 11:30am
Washington Univ. in St. Louis, Marriott Quorum - Galleria, Sun., Sept. 18, 7:00 - 8:00pm
University of Central Arkansas, Sat., Sept. 24, 9:30-11:30am
US Service Academies Forum, Collin College Preston Ridge Campus Conf. Ctr., Sat., Sept. 24, 9:30am
Coast to Coast College Tour, The Worthington Renaissance Ft. Worth Hotel, Tues., Sept. 27, 7-9pm
Carnegie Mellon University, Wed., Oct. 5, 7:00pm
University of Utah, Thur., Oct. 6, 6:30 - 8:30pm
University of Pennsylvania, Bryan Adams H.S., Thur., Oct. 6, 7:00pm
Drury University, Prospective Student Dinner, Oct 13, 7pm, Location TBD
NACAC National Performing & Visual Arts College Fair, Irving Convention Center, Thur., Nov. 3, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Visit Naviance for more information.
- Yearbook Senior Ads are on sale now thru Jostens. Deadline is Sept. 30, 2016. Order forms were mailed home to senior students. Also, order forms are in the front office or yearbook room A2084.
- Purchase your yearbook thru Jostens at jostensyearbooks.com for $75. A promotion of four free icons when you purchase personalization is running if you do it by September 16, 2016.
- LAST CHANCE: YEARBOOK PICTURES The make-up date is Monday, Sept. 19, 2016 in the Presentation Room. This is for retakes and all juniors, seniors and teachers who still need to have a picture taken. This will be the last chance to have a picture for the yearbook. Don’t be left out.
PISD Stadium Rules
Please adhere to the following rules when attending games at all Plano ISD Stadiums. In addition to the rules listed below, the Plano ISD/Plano West Student Code of Conduct is enforced.
1. Backpacks are prohibited and will not be allowed inside the stadium.
2. Body painting is not allowed. Face painting and painted t-shirts are allowed.
3. Masks and other face coverings are not allowed.
4. All food and drinks from the outside are prohibited.
5. Signs must be positive, appropriate and promote the participants.
6. No balls are allowed in the stadium except on the field of play.
7. Alcoholic beverages, tobacco product and weapons are prohibited by law.
8. Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
9. Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
10. Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
11. Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
12. No Powder
Athletics and Clubs
*Chemistry Club has a meeting Wednesday 9/21 during 7th period and 4:15. Anyone is welcome to join chemistry club at any time! Just sign up and bring your $5 dues to Mrs. Lyssy. For this activity meeting, please bring a white cotton t-shirt to tie-dye. Rmd.at/pwshchem
*The International Club will have its 1st meeting during A and B lunch in A1203, on Wednesday, September 21st.We will discuss activities, officer positions, meeting schedules, dues, T –shirts and the Blue Nation Parade. For information text @g3badf to 81010.
*Have you heard the BUZZZZZ? Biology Club is meeting on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 4:30 pm in Room B-209 (Ms. Roop-Morland). The speaker will be the Honey Queen from the Collin County Beekeepers Association, so "fly" on over and visit with us!
*Attention all Whiz-Quiz participants: The First Round Robin Tournament for this year’s Whiz-Quiz members will be held at Jasper High School this Saturday, September 17, 2016. All participants must be present and seated in the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m. See you there!
*ASL Club and Honor Society has its next meeting on Tuesday, September 20 at 4:15 in Mrs. Ellis’s room. We will be discussing HOCO, so be sure and make your hand be seen (voice be heard)!
*STUDENT CONGRESS CLUB - ALL ARE WELCOME!!
Our 3rd Student Congress Club meeting will be this Friday, September 16th, during both lunches in the Presentation Room.
Bring a friend, and your lunch, with you to the meeting and be a part of all the exciting events happening at West!!
*PWSH Royales - "Dancin' Out West", October 1st. See flyer below.
*The award winning Plano West Royales Drill team would like to invite K-8th grade girls to their annual Mini Royales Drill team Game Night and Clinic. This is a huge fund raiser for the Royales team and we would love to have your girl(s) join us for the fun!
- The game is on Thursday, 9/22, where Plano West will be playing the McKinney High (7:30 at Clarke Stadium). For this part of the event, the girls will get to march on the field with Royales and stand with them in their victory lines for pre-game activities. They will also sit with the Royales for the first quarter to experience the excitement of the game and the Royales team. Parents must attend and purchase a football ticket to gain entrance to this event.
- Additionally, we will hold our annual Mini Royales Drill Team Clinic on Saturday 9/24 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm in the Plano West High School gym. The girls will get to experience what it’s like to be on the team, learn and perform a routine. With advanced registration, the girls will receive a tee-shirt.
- You may choose the clinic, the game or both for the price. Pre-registration price - $40 Walk-up price - $ 50
To register, please visit royales.membershiptoolkit.com.
*HOSA Peanut Butter Drive for North Texas Food Bank: Bring one (or more!) 16 oz jar of peanut butter to room G229 through September 23rd and help one of the 44,000 kids in Collin County who might struggle for their next meal. HOSA members will get 1 point per jar for up to 2 points. Let’s help our community Wolf Pack!
*PWSH Royales - Plano West Royales are selling Pink Out shirts again this year. They will be $10 and ALL profits are being donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation for cancer research. Please support West as we continue to support Breast Cancer awareness and the search for a cure. Shirts will be sold during lunch closer to the game day.
*Football Tickets - See the flyer below regarding online ticket sales.
- Online ticket sales: https://tix.extremetix.com/Online/?siteID=3489
- Single Game Online Football tickets go on sale starting at 4:30 pm Tuesday the week of the game. Ticket prices increase from $6 to $8 beginning at 1 pm on game day.
- Tickets for the PWSH vs McKinney game will go on sale in the admin office starting Monday, September 19th. Please see Barbara Sequenzia. The game will be on Thursday, September 22nd.