August 6, 2021
Updates from Principal Hickox
Our first day of school for 1st-6th graders is less than two weeks away! Our office is busy getting ready and we will welcome the rest of our staff back to work on the 12th. I'd like to share some updates to help you prepare your students for success this year.
We will be going back to our regular schedule this year with the school day starting promptly at 9:00 and dismissal at 3:30. Students may be dropped off as early as 8:45 and may enter the building at the first bell at 8:50. Arrival and drop off details are being finalized and will be shared prior to the first day.
Universal Masking: ASD will require universal masking for all students in all schools this fall. Please see below for more information regarding our COVID mitigation measures.
Our schoolwide schedule will be back to normal, meaning that students will get to leave their classrooms and go to PE, music, library, art and health. This will be a welcome change from last year!
School supply lists are available on our website here. If convenient, please bring your supplies to the classroom on Monday, August 16th during our Back to School Open House event from 5:30-7:00.
Looking forward to a great school year!
Molly Hickox, Principal
Huffman Elementary School
We are looking for people to fill our crossing guards positions for the crosswalk at Huffman and Lorraine. Approximate hours are 8:30-9:00 am and 3:30-4:00 pm. You can work one day, one shift, or all week if you want! Call our office at 742-5650 for more info.
Noon Duty Supervisors
We are looking for people to supervise students during lunch and/or recess. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to try out a school job and is available during the school day. Approximate hours are 11:00-1:30 and you can work one day or as many as you'd like. No experience necessary and we will provide training.
We have a wonderful group of parents who are members of our Huffman PTA and they are important partners in providing opportunities for our students. Be on the lookout for information about how you can support this group and become a member.
Noon Duty Supervisors
Back to School Open House
Monday, Aug. 16th, 5:30-7pm
12000 Lorraine Street
- 5:10 Class lists will be posted outside on the wall by the Multi Purpose Room (MPR)
- 5:15 Doors open to MPR
- 5:30 Welcome and introductions in the MPR
- 5:45 Visit classrooms
- 7:00 Head home to prepare for first day!
Huffman Return to School Guidelines and COVID Mitigation Measures
1. Universal Masking will be required for all individuals while inside any ASD school or building. Some limited exceptions will apply. Masking while outside is optional.
2. Keep ASD Symptom Free. We must do our part to minimize the viral spread. Please stay home and get tested if you are experiencing ANY symptoms.
3. Cleaning and Disinfecting. Regular cleaning of classrooms, buses, and offices will continue. Hand sanitizer will be readily available and frequent handwashing will be encouraged. Enhancements and upgrades have been made to building HVAC systems to allow for optimal ventilation and air exchange.
4. Keeping students and staff in the learning environment. The District will continue to make COVID-19 vaccine clinics available to eligible students (with parental consent), staff, and community members through a contracted provider. Additionally, following new guidance from the CDC, asymptomatic, properly masked students and fully vaccinated individuals will not be required to quarantine if deemed a close contact.
Below, you may click on the link to read the 2021-2022 Return to School Operational Guidelines.