Keystone Pipeline Pros and Cons
- can deliver up to 700,000 barrels per day
- could potentially contaminate the Ongallala Aquifer.
- exists over a seismic zone
- moves oil sand, one of the dirtiest fuels
- threats to confiscate private land for pipeline
- could potentially contaminate Native American lands
- creates very few jobs
- is costing more than it is making in some cases
Minimum Wage Increase Pros and Cons
- will bring families out of poverty
- puts more money in the pockets of consumers
- boosts employee productivity
- reduces costs of employee turnover
- will aid in raising wage to match inflation
- will make hiring wooers more expensive, passing costs onto consumers
- companies may hire fewer workers, causing unemployment
- may cause more competition, making younger workers to miss out on job opportunities
Generally liberal on most issues, but voted against withdrawing troops from Iraq and background checks for gun purchases.
Supports the Keystone Pipeline and opposes the minimum wage increase. But sometimes he supports it. It's all very confusing.
Currently up for reelection and his support of the pipeline will likely gain him votes, as will his opposition of the wage increase, if he decides to actually oppose it.