By: Liza & Egypt
- Seasonal winds,called monsoons brought summer rains that allowed farmers to grow large amounts of foods.
- Along the Indus River,the people were successful with farming and irrigation.
- It was first used for job records ( writing)
- They wrote in Sanskrit
Political system (government)
- The leader was Siddhartha Gautama.
- Social Hierarchy: the division of society by rank or class.
- These offering were made in temples, special buildings where priest performed their religious ceremonies.
- Each city- state considered one god to be its special protector.
- They had well planted-cities
- Indus discovered the 7 planets and that they revolved around the sun.
- Epics,statues,Mahabharata Ramayana a worlds largest epic ever
- They practiced 2 different religions.
- In India they practiced Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Hinduism: polytheistic,started in India
- Buddhism: started in India, founded by Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha)