Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - September 20, 2020
I hope that everyone has had an amazing second week of school! The teachers and students have been working hard and it's evident everyday. We apologize for canceling the Learning Kit distribution at St. Luke's apartment complex. If you are still in need of a learning kit, you can come to the school Tuesdays, 10-2 while supplies last.
As a reminder, when your child is directed to work independently please be sure he/she is completing the tasks designated by the teacher. Many times students will be working in Clever using SmartyAnts (K-2), Lexia (3-5), Dreambox (all grades). We are tracking this data and noticing that some students are not completing tasks. Please talk with your child about getting all of his/her work completed.
Additionally, please remember that the Student Code of Conduct and HCPS visitor policy still apply in the virtual setting. See attached message below for additional information.
Thank you for your support!
Virtual Back to School Night
- Teachers will provide directions as to how to log onto their sessions.
- We will have three sessions to accommodate families with students in multiple grade levels.
Session 1 - 3:00 - 4:00
Session 2 - 4:00 - 5:00
Session 3 - 5:00 - 6:00
- Teachers will use the first half of the session to provide information specific to the grade level and classroom, Title I information, and a message from the administrative team. The second half will be used to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you in your virtual meetings!
Student Work Packets
Work packet bins will be located at the front of the building in bins labeled by grade level. These packets are for LES students only. If you notice that the bin with your child's grade level is empty, ring the bell and we will make additional copies.
- September 22 at 8:00 PM - Cub Scout Interest Meeting via Zoom. See flyer below.
- September 24, 3 - 6 PM - Virtual Back to School Night -See attached flyer.
- September 28 - School is Closed
- October 10th at 10:00 AM - Monthly Principal Chat - Each month I will host a discussion with parents to answer questions and hear your concerns & ideas. The link is below.
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact email@example.com. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
If you need to download the Microsoft Teams app on a personal computer use this link.
Click on the link below for directions on how to sign into Teams with the HCPS username and password.
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.
Henrico Police Athletic League Full Day Program
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
The county is also providing meal distribution by bus.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Laburnum has two stops:
Brookhill Road and Crenshaw Ave.
Delmont St. and Engleside Drive