News from 112
STAR SGP Data
Alllison and I have reviewed our STAR data up to this point looking specifically at grade level SGP. Currently all grade levels have obtained the 50% or better mark! When looking at data closer, as a school students and classes are performing better in math compared to their reading scores. If as a grade level you would like to know your percentage or if you have any questions, see myself or Allison or we would be happy to join your PLC meetings. As mentioned above, I will be creating a video demonstrating how you can pull the report for your individual classes.
- I will be posting a video explaining how to see student SGP for STAR testing on the Google Drive. Remember we are looking for 50% or better SGP for the entire grade level for both Reading and Math.
- CoGat testing will begin February 16 and will end on February 29. This is for new 3rd and 4th grade students to WC, teacher recommended 3rd and 4th grade students and students who scored in the 90% or higher on STAR that are not currently receiving any gifted education instruction
Zenia has been tracking our student attendance as far as students leaving early, students arriving late and vacation days. She has it posted outside the foyer door for parents to see as well as in the lounge by the mailboxes. Our current numbers as of February 1, 2016 are:
Late Arrivals: 472
Early Dismissals: 473
Vacation Days: 424
- Please make sure your class lists are up to date on your clipboards.
- Please make sure any changes are noted in your sub folders as well
Possible Professional Development
- EdCamp Chicago will be coming around again this year in Elmhurst. April 16 from 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. This was held last year at Bednarcik and I heard some great things that teachers gained from the sessions. Information can be found at www.edcampchicago.com
- Remember to check out the district PD Site on the intranet under Professional Development as well as My Learning Plan
- Twitter chat 2/2/16 at 9:00 P.M. Topic will be "Creating a Positive School Culture." Search #sd308learns and mediator poses questions and participants respond and include #sd308learns