Today is a great day to be a STAR!
Know Someone Interested in Western Boone?
Western Boone County Community Schools is currently enrolling students in grades K-12. Transferring to Western Boone is free and transfer students get to participate in the same high-quality academics and athletics as resident students.
Western Boone: Top 20 High School in Indiana
To see why Western Boone Jr.-Sr. High School was ranked as the 20th best high school, click here to see the U.S. News and World Report article.
5 Reasons to Choose Western Boone
2. WeBo is ranked a Top 20 High School in Indiana by U.S. News and World Report.
3. 90% of students feel safe at Western Boone
4. Over 22 varsity sport teams and over 30 advanced placement and dual credit courses are offered at WeBo.
5. 86% of students are active in after-school activities such as sports, clubs, or tutoring.
Did you know...
Western Boone Jr.-Sr. High School has over 22 varsity sports teams for students to participate in? With so many available athletic opportunities, nearly 350 WeBo students participated in athletics during the 2017-18 school year. These programs had great success as well, with some of those accomplishments being:
- The boys tennis team won its first outright Sagamore Conference Championship.
- Girls golf qualified for their second consecutive regional.
- Jr. high girls golf team won the 2017 Sagamore Conference Jr High Girls Golf Invitational.
- The Girls Soccer team won their second consecutive Sectional Champs.
- Volleyball won their 6th straight Sectional Title.
Students sharing and learning from 20% Time projects. This group built drone parts from a 3D printer.
WeBo Radio/TV placed second in the IASB State Broadcaster's Competition on the University of Indianapolis.
Sen. Boots and Rep. Brown discussing school safety with WeBo students.
WeBo offers Cultural Crossroads to demonstrate students' grasp of foreign language.
Students celebrating after completing a BreakoutEDU challenge.
The WeBo FFA program had many successes this year, such as 8 members going to State competitions.