Called to More @ OLA
Week of November 15, 2021
Learning about our Saints
We can pray to saints to help us.
They are so close to God that he has given them the ability to help us directly.
"They gave their tomorrows so we could have today."
What is Adoration?
OLA staff and students will enjoy the opportunity to participate in Adoration...but is what is that?? Please watch the following video - it's only 5 minutes, and it gives you a great picture of what we do during Adoration and why we do it.
On your child's "God Made You" day, children come to the office to celebrate their birthdays with the office team by playing Lucky Ducks!
We are so excited to welcome you back after what we hope was a great break from school. Here are a few friendly reminders to start back. :-)
Thank you for your help!
- Your child's attendance at school is affirmation that you have completed the daily checklist and your child is symptom free.
- Should your child be away, thank you for using the several methods linked here to let us know.
- Please go to your PowerSchool Parent Portal to complete your child's annual consent forms so they are fully able to participate in field trips, access technology and share their learning.
- Thank you for ensuring your child comes to school with a mask. Your child's teacher will work with the children as to when they are able to take mask breaks throughout the day.
- Thank you for sending a few extra masks with your child in their backpacks. We have a limited supply to provide children when they misplace or forget theirs. The second time they require a mask, you will receive an email that your child was provided a mask for the second time. The third or more times your child is provided a mask, you will receive an email of a $5 charge for each mask provided.
- Thank you for reminding children that hand sanitizing and hand washing helps to slow the spread of germs, and so does coughing into our "sneeze corners."
This Week @ OLA
Power Options Selection Week
Monday, November 15
- Welcome Back!! Looking forward to answering the Call to More!
Tuesday, November 16
- An awesome day to answer the "Call to More"
Wednesday, November 17
- Virtual Announcements
- Priest Visit
- Picture Day M/W Kindergarten and retakes for Grade 1 - 4
Thursday, November 18
- 7:00pm OLA School Council Meeting (virtual) - All parents are invited!
- Today and every day, we answer the "Call to More!"
Sunday, November 21 - Celebrating Catholic Education
Join us to Celebrate Catholic Education as OLA and SJXXIII Catholic Elementary Schools co-host 9:00am mass on November 21. To join us for mass at OLA Church, please sign up here.
1M Science Centers: Building and Stacking
Are Yours Completed?
Did you know that if your child's Annual Low-Risk Field Trip form is not completed, they are unable to go on an off-site field trip with their class?
Did you know that if you're child's annual Technology Use Agreement form or One-to-One Use Agreement are not completed, they may be unable to access OLA's technology or wifi?
Do you love seeing evidence of your child learning and growing at OLA? Make sure you complete the annual FOIPP forms.
Thank you for taking a moment to log onto your PowerSchool Parent Portal account to complete the forms. If you have any questions, Mrs. Susan Desaulniers is our PowerSchool Guru and is delighted to help. Please contact her at 780-998-3716.
For more information about these annual forms, please click here, and look under Additional Registration Resources.
Forks & Spoons
We are happy to connect with children when they come to ask for a spoon or fork. As our supplies are quickly dwindling - we are reaching out to our amazing families. If you would like to donate compostable or plastic spoons and/or forks, they will be well used, and much appreciated. :-)
Thank you in advance for your help!
Learning to Pray with a Prayer Labyrinth
Guests @ OLA
The engagement of parents in their child's education is an integral element to their learning success. We welcome this partnership in a fashion that ensures the continued health and safety of our OLA community.
Through pre-arranged in-person volunteering, the following will be expected:
- Complete the Daily Screening Checklist
- Volunteers are recommended to be fully vaccinated. Beginning December 20, 2021 all guests and volunteers will require proof of vaccination as per Administrative Procedure 489
- Sign-in at the office and acknowledge completion of the Daily Screening Checklist.
- Wear a volunteer badge at all times. This indicates to staff and students that you have completed the checklist, signed-in at the office, and are at the school for a specific pre-arranged purpose.
- Maintain social distancing at much as possible with staff and students.
- Be present for the scheduled duration of your volunteering time, remaining in the areas of the school that are relative to your volunteering duties.
- Follow all masking, hand hygiene and hand hygiene protocols
Dropping off or picking up children, lunches or items will continue in the same fashion (we will meet you at the front doors), and our exterior doors will remain secured. Thank you for using our fancy-dancy audio-visual intercom system located on the front doors to reach us in the office upon your arrival.
Should you have any questions, please contact Mme Gravelle at 780-998-3716.
Please note that fees maybe added throughout the year as field trips are able to occur. We will be sending home emails if/when new fees are added to your account.
If you require financial assistance in paying fees please fill out the form that is available at on our EICS website-click here to access form: Fee waiver form.
Application deadline is December 13, 2021
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Desaulniers 780-998-3716 or email email@example.com
See you on Thursday, November 18 @ 7:00pm!
To connect to your OLA School Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come connect with fellow parents.
Get to know the school and community's ins and outs.
Share your perspective.
You're invited to attend your OLA School Council Meeting
on Thursday, November 18 at 7:00pm.
The Google Meet link will be emailed to you that morning.
All parents are invited to attend the School Council meetings and as an OLA parent, you are already a member of the committee! Looking forward to seeing you there!
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO HELP US OUT WITH THIS SURVEY LINK BELOW!!
Grade 4 Bibles
Looking Further Ahead...
- Celebrating Catholic Education - Rebuild, Restore, Renew - Together
- Join us as OLA and SJXXIII host 9:00am mass - Sign up here one week prior
- Power Options begin
- Grade 3 Teachers Pet
- Staff Morning Mass in Chapel
November 24 & 25
- Grade 4 Trinity Student Leadership Retreat @ OLA Parish
- First Sunday in Advent
- Loving our Brothers and Sisters in Christ: Sock Toss....Bring in pairs of socks to donate to those in need. All sizes are welcome this week!
- Early Dismissal - 2:19 pm
- Grade 4 Teachers Pet
- Second Sunday in Advent
- St. Nicolas Feast Day
- K&1 Assembly
- Grade 2&3 Assembly
- Third Sunday in Advent
- Grade 4 Assembly
- Fourth Sunday in Advent
December 22 - January 4
- Christmas Break - School Closed
Thank you for your support!
A very special thank you to all of our families who supported OLA's Book Fair this year, and to the many fantastic parents who shared their time and joy during the day as children enjoyed the book fair with Mrs. Buban!
Congratulations to our contest winners!
Thank you for your votes!
Country and Western Theme
Grace - It's Launched!
Providing a continuum of care to women and children seeking refuge from abusive situations.