Husky Headlines DHE Family Edition
September 2nd- 6th
Mr. Holt's Notes
As August wraps up it is a great time to celebrate the hard word and learning our students are putting in at school. Our students have been hard at work reaching their learning goals each and every day at DHE. Take a day off (Labor Day) and enjoy your time together.
Mr. Holt's Book Pick of the Week:
Just a Second (Steve Jenkins)
In just a single second, a bumblebee flaps its wings 100 times and the earth travels 18 1/2 miles. This nonfiction book will help your child think about time in fascinating ways. She'll also discover different methods of measuring time.
- Please signup for directory through PTA- This is the only way you will be able to contact other families. The school can not share any contact information. (Password- 2019)
- Visit the DHE/PTA website here.
- DHE Spirit Wear order deadline is September 2nd online, August 30th by paper. Paper copies were distributed in backpacks this week. Online orders are preferred but paper forms with payment/money can be returned to PTA doghouse or teacher.
Recognizing DHE Teachers and Staff:
- One of the great things we do here at DHE is celebrate teachers and staff. If you would like to have your child’s teacher or someone else be recognized, please click HERE to do that.
Future Chief Night - Friday, September 13th
Below is the information that can be passed on to coaches, sponsors, directors, parents and students about our “Future Chief Night” scheduled for Friday, September 13th. Look forward to seeing your kids at KHS.
- Starts at 7:00
- National Anthem will be performed at approximately 6:45
- Once the performance is done we invite all students to run through the Tee Pee and onto the field (approximately 6:50). They will meet back up with parents on the South End of the Field by the Tee Pee.
- Parking will be a mess. Get here early!!
- Seating will be limited as we expect a Big crowd. Parents are encouraged to bring lawn chairs to sit in the south end zone and along the track.
- Pray for good weather. Any lightning will cause potential delays. Rain only will not impact the game.
- All students in uniform or school shirts will get in free. Parents are also allowed in free of charge. (notify gate workers)
- Meet at Kickapoo by 6:00 to organize
- Meet in the band room.
- Use the EAST doors of the school to enter. Band room is right next door.
- Arrive between 6:15 and 6:30
- Meet Mr. Cornelius and your director at the north end of the football field near the scoreboard
- Wear your uniforms
- Meet near the Tee Pee on the south end of track
- We will run through the Tee Pee at approximately 6:50
We look forward to a great night. If you have questions please feel free to email me.
Sign Up for Elite Feet
ELITE FEET RUNNING CLUB with Mr. Zimmerman
Attention parents, Mr. Zimmerman would enjoy having your child join the Elite Feet Running Club team at Harrison. We meet from 3-4pm behind school. Practice for 3-4th grade is Mondays beginning Aug 26th and K-2nd grade is Thursdays beginning Sept 12th. Everyone enrolled in the program is automatically signed up for the Basspro Zombie Run. You do not have to be enrolled in after school SPARC to join the team. Mr. Zimmerman accepts late registrations. So don’t fret over the deadline. Talk to your child about joining Running Club today!