HOLY ROSARY NEWSLETTER
Term 3 Week 10 Friday 24 September
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your support this term. Best wishes to you and yours for an enjoyable break, giving thanks for the freedom we have here.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Friday 24 September
- Free Dress - Gold Coin Donation (Wheelchairs for Kids)
- Whole School Mass - 9am
- End of Term 3
Monday 11 October
- Pupil Free Day
Tuesday 12 October
- Start of Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Wednesday 13 October
- Year 3 Reconciliation Parent Talk - Parish - 7pm]
Friday 15 October
- Reconciliation Retreat
Saturday 16 October
- Reconciliation Commitment Mass - 6pm
Sunday 17 October
- Reconciliation Commitment Mass - 10am
Monday 18 October
- Kindy Getting to Know you Day
STUDENTS LEAVING HOLY ROSARY AT THE END OF 2021
A full terms' notice in writing must be given to the Principal before the removal of a student. Failure to give such notice will involve the payment of a terms' fees in lieu of notice, irrespective of the date the student may leave.
Vaccination is now open for Western Australians aged 12-16 at all State-run vaccination clinics. Bookings are currently essential. Parents and guardians can register their children as a dependent under their account and book them an appointment by visiting Roll up for WA.
SPECIALIST GROUP PHOTOS
On photo day speciality group images (eg Netball, Faction Captains) were taken at your school.
These images can be viewed and purchased at a unique website, which is DIFFERENT to where you order the portraits and class photos online.
1. To place your Order online simply go to https://mspphotography.shootproof.com/
2. Locate the Schools Name, then select the album titled Holy Rosary PS Specialist Groups -2021
3. You will then be required to enter a password to view the Album. The password for this HKDSDP21
4. Please ensure that you use your child’s name at the checkout
5. The images you are viewing are uncropped and will be cropped to fit to a 10x8 print (as per the first image in your gallery, a sample of layout & colour)
- The online orders will be open until midnight on Monday 27 September 2021 – for the Bulk Pricing Offer
- The Bulk Pricing Offer is $20 per print and these will be delivered to the school BY CLASS GROUP
- After the $20 pricing expires, the photos will remain available online, but the photos are now at a cost of $35 per image and delivered to a preferred address.
If you have any queries please contact MSP Photography on 9240 8000 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHER GET TO KNOW YOU - ELLIE LUZUK
What’s the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen
The most interesting thing looking outside my kitchen window are my two border collies either chasing each other, wrestling, rounding up the chickens or lying flat on their back without a care in the world!
If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to
join? Probably a great band like Queen or Fleetwood Mac.
What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Someone inspirational like Emma Watson.
Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
I can’t think of anything, but I love that flared pants have come back into fashion.
What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
My pets, my music and an endless supply of fresh fruit.
What’s your favourite family tradition?
I love Christmas time, having all the family together, celebrating, eating, and laughing.
Do you love or hate roller coasters?
If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Gran’s Vegetarian Lasagne
What would you sing at Karaoke night?
What makes you laugh the most?
My Dad, either we are laughing with him or at him!
OUR P & F NEWS
The builders have advised that pending approval from Playsafe, the new playground area should be finished and ready for use when the kids come back in Term 4!
The flying fox is being installed as we speak with the retaining and softfall the next jobs in line.
Phase 3 is the final stage which includes the addition of a tube slide from the top treehouse level. If your business or family would still like to make a contribution it’s not too late.
A huge thanks to Tim and his team from Down 2 Earth Playgrounds for doing such an amazing job so far. It was great to hear so much positive feedback from so many parents on Friday at the sports carnival after seeing it for the first time.
Dates to Remember
Tuesday 19 October
- P & F Meeting - 6pm
What a wonderful Term 3 in your HR library! Book Week and the Parade was an absolute blast and the library looked beautiful with all the clever art. Chess is over for another year with some incredible Senior Chess players and Champions in Antonio, Anthony and William. One group of year 5 Book Clubbers are about to begin the rest of the “Once” series while the next group will start in term 4. We farewell our Siena friends who have been sharing our library space while they await their new building and I can’t wait to show you your new look library in Term 4!
Have wonderful holidays!
"In books I have travelled, not only to other worlds, but into my own."
~ Anna Quindlen ~