Anderson Weekly News 10/7/19
The Sky's the Limit!
Dates To Remember
- Fri. Oct. 11th - Early Release for Elementary Students. 11:40 AM Dismissal
- Fri-Sat. Oct. 10-13th: St. Charles Scarecrow Festival - Vote for the Anderson Rocket Scarecrow!
- Mon. Oct. 14th - Columbus Day No School.
- Thu. Oct. 17th Picture Re-Take Day.
- Fri. Oct. 18th BEARS Mini Monsters Camp in PE class for 2nd - 5th Grade
- Fri. Oct. 25th PTO Spooktacular 5:30-8:00 PM
- Tue. Oct. 29th 5th Grade Orchestra Concert 6:30-7:30 PM at Wredling Middle School
- Thu. Oct. 31st Costume Parade 1:45-2:15PM
- Thu. Oct. 31st Classroom Halloween Parties 2:15-2:45 PM
- Fri. Nov. 1st - End of First Trimester
- Mon. Nov. 4th Monday Math Madness Family Event Thompson Middle School 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thu. Nov. 7th PTO Meeting 6:00-7:30 PM Anderson LCR
- Wed. Nov. 13th Early Release Elementary Students 11:40 AM
- Fri. Nov. 15th. PTO Bingo Night! 6:30-8:00 PM
Chicago Bears Mini Monsters Camp
We also need each 2nd-5th grade family to fill out the Bears Waiver Form. (Bright Orange Paper Sent home last week).
On Friday, October 18, 2nd-5th grade students will get the opportunity to participate in a non-contact football drill camp hosted by the Chicago Bears! This is such an exciting event for our students! The main goals of this camp are to reinforce awareness of healthy eating, physical activity, and proper hydration. There will also be a former Chicago Bears player present to work with the students and give a motivational speech.
Since the NFL is celebrating the 100th season this year, every 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and the 5th-grade student will be getting a FREE t-shirt made especially for this event. Please fill out this quick survey to supply the Bears with a t-shirt size for your child.
*If you have more than 1 child in grades 2-5, please fill out a survey for each child. Thank you!*
If you haven't filled out the form for each of your children, click here!
Book Bracket Challenge 2019
Parking Lot Safety
Thank you, parents, for all your attention to help us keep our arrival and dismissal as safe as possible. Below are a few simple reminders for us all.
- If you are dropping off or picking up students, please have them enter and exit your car using the right passenger side door(s). This allows them to quickly get onto the sidewalk and away from any moving traffic.
- Don't park in the handicap spots unless you have a Handicap Packard Displayed.
- Always drive slowly through our parking lot. A few extra seconds will not make you late.
- Please put down your cell phones as you are driving. A distracted driver is an unsafe driver.
New Elementary School Day Update
Thank you to all parents who completed the form that provided us with feedback about the new elementary school day. The District was thrilled to have received over 900 responses. On September 23, parents and staff members who make up the Think Tank met to review research and have a discussion about innovative learning and what it looks like in District 303. In addition, they analyzed the feedback form responses. A summary of the first meeting is available on the District 303 website here. We encourage you to take a moment to read over the summary. We will provide you with additional summaries after subsequent meetings.
News From the Anderson PTO
Box Top Submission Deadline
Chipotle Dine Out Fundraiser
D303 Parent University
Dear District 303 families,
Parent University programming in St. Charles District 303 continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of our families.
To read more about these programs and to register to attend, please visit the Parent University page on the District website.