Week of October 1st, 2018
- Ed Foundation Grants - The deadline for grant submission is quickly approaching! I would love for Wilson to be represented in the process. If you have a grant idea you would love to toss around, let's talk! Grant Applications are due October 12th. Grant Application
- T-TESS Goals - To wrap up the goal-setting process, please log in to STRIVE and check that you have 2 Goals entered and that they both show "Approved." Please email your appraiser if you need help!
- Kids of Character - Please note that the Kids of Character Breakfast has been moved to Thursday, October 4th. Please make sure that your recognition info has been entered using the button below. Anything you enter is read aloud at the Breakfast. The more individualized, the better!
- Global Read Aloud Camp - Interested in joining the GRA Camp that starts on Thursday? Email Jordan and Jaime! #ReadAllTheBooks
- FedEx - Due to Mr. Hunt's meeting with the staff on the 10th, this coming Wednesday is FedEx! Please shoot me an email if you're interested in hosting a session.
The district has agreed to give 1.5 hours of Flex for completion this year.
Important EL Updates
ESL/Bil Newsletter - Check out the latest and greatest from the district. This edition includes great ideas of how to support learners in Writers Workshop!
Volunteers will get a free meal and a $20 Mi Cocina gift card!
Email me if you're interested in participating!
Specials Enrichment Hour
Specials Enrichment Hour - Every other Monday - 7:50-8:40
We've already spoken to teams affected (3rd-5th), but below is a list of learners currently participating.
-4th- October 17th
DLI Collaborative Days w/ DCE
- Oct 16th – Kinder/1st
- Oct 22nd – 2nd/3rd
- Nov 5th – 4th/5th
- Beginning tomorrow through Wednesday (makeups on Thursday).
- Please be aware of testing locations in B Hall, C Hall, and upstairs.
- Training Link may be found below.
The message being communicated to parents is that this is "universal screening" rather than CoGAT testing... In words, there's nothing to study for! :)
Week At A Glance
- Wear Blue for Bullying Prevention (w/ jeans of course)
- SpEd Team Time
- Specials Enrichment Hour
- Safety / MAT Meeting - 3:30
- Spring Creek Night! - Thank you to those volunteering
- Custodial Appreciation Day
- Kinder Team Time
- 1st Grade Team Time
- FedEx - 3:30
- 2nd Grade Team Time
- Kids of Character Breakfast - 7:30
- "Dip Dip Hooray!" - Let's celebrate the short week with homemade dips in the Lounge! Bring something to share, and test out some of our Wilson chef's many talents!
Friday - Parent Conference Day!
- 10/8 - Student/Staff Holiday!
- 10/9 - Mark your calendars - Reflex Webinar - 3:30 - Library - Please ensure that 2nd-5th grade teams are represented.
- 10/10 - Faculty Meeting
- 10/10 - Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- 10/12 - Ed Foundation Grants Due