We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
December 11th, 2015
- We had such a busy, fun-filled week! We continued to learn about Hanukkah traditions. We made and enjoyed latkes and apple sauce with Ms. Cipriano's class. It was so much fun! We also began learning about Christmas traditions. We read stories about the Gingerbread Man and enjoyed mini gingerbread man cookies!
- We participated in Wacky Wednesday by dressing in our wackiest attire and participating in our "See the Silly for C the Difference: Cory Cares" fundraiser.
- We also enjoyed another cultural arts show. We had so much fun dancing and singing along with the Singing Bus Driver!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: we, my, and like. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: blustery, cave, sleep, storm, winter, and woods.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Cc.
- In math, we continued learning about the numbers 11-20. We also began learning how to count up to 100.
Books we've read...
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson
- Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
- I Show Respect by David Parker
- Hanukkah in Alaska by Barbara Brown
Hanukkah in Alaska read by Molly Ephraim
STAR OF THE WEEK
Andy was our star student this week. We learned that he loves sports! He especially loves the Mets, Rangers, and Giants. Great job, Andy!
- When math homework is assigned from the enVision workbook, children should complete the PRACTICE page. If you would like to complete both sides, you may (but it is optional). Thank you for your support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on all homework, notes, etc.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!