February in Student Services
What is going on during February?
- Feb. 1- Registration packets sent home with Freshman and Sophomores.
- Feb. 5- Registration packets due back to Mrs. Mosley in Student Services. Forms should be completed and have a parent signature, we will review course selections and make recommendations if changes are needed.
- Feb. 8-17: Sophomore registration appointments (appointment times will be posted for students in the cafeteria). Students will meet 2:1 with their counselor.
- Feb. 18-26: Freshman registration appointments (appointment times will be posted for students in the cafeteria). Students will meet 2:1 with their counselor.
- Feb. 18: Coffee with the Counselors at 7:15 am in the Media Center. Topic TBD.
- Feb. 18: FAFSA Night 3-6 pm. Attention parents of Seniors! Representatives from SECU will be on campus to help complete the FAFSA. This is by appointment only, click the link below to sign up.
February Coffee with the Counselors
Thursday, Feb. 4th, 7:15am
NCHS Media Center
If you have suggestions for a monthly topic, please leave a comment in the section below or email them to me at email@example.com
Registration Info- What you need to know.
During our appointments we will be reviewing students transcripts, discussing future plans, and determining whether they have selected appropriate courses. We may offer suggestions to students, but we will never force a student to take a class they don't want (unless it's a graduation requirement) or stop any child from taking a class they do want (unless they have not met required prerequisites). If we strongly believe that a student has selected a class that is not right for him/her, we will contact you and may require parent permission before enrolling them.
Please remember that these are course requests. This does not guarantee that your student will get the classes they have requested. For this reason, we ask students to choose at least two alternate courses.
Also, we will have a period of time to request changes later in the semester and then again over the summer, however students should take these requests seriously.
Click the link below to access the NCHS Student Services Registration home page for more information on graduation requirements and to view a tutorial video on completing the registration forms.