Spring Conference Recap
Thank You for Your Support
580 School Counselors in Attendance!!!
VSCA would like to thank West Potomac High School in Fairfax County and Sutherland Media Productions for their assistance with the filming and production of our video.
Because of your membership, it’s been a wonderful year for VSCA…with more to come!
- 2013 Conference, Newport News (505 attendees)
- Summer Academy, Charlottesville (68 attendees)
- Fall Institute: Prevention, Education and Intervention , Richmond (88 attendees)
- 2 Workshops:
1. Making Diversity Work , Abington (8 attendees)
2. School Counselors: Unleashing their Power with SMART Goals , Roanoke (60 attendees)
- Hired lobbyists, David Bailey and Kristen Bailey Hardy (p/t school counselor), from David Bailey and Associates. A well-known and respected government relations firm.
- First “VSCA Day at the Capital” Legislative Day on January 13, 2014. A dozen school counselors from across the state participated. VSCA members were able to sit in on a session and were recognized by the floor.
- VSCA will be one of several state organizations assigned to the SOL revision committee
- VSCA will send delegates to the ASCA Delegate Assembly and ASCA National Conference in June 2014
- Updated website with new member’s only section
- YouTube account
- VSCA Video
- Yapp App for conference
- Level listservs
- Smore.com flyers
- 1040 members = March 2013 v. 1095 members = March 2014 (55 member increase)
- 8 Regional Representatives and regional social gatherings
- Membership drawings
- VSCA: Ready to Ramp Guide
- VSCA is a member of the Virginia Education Coalition (VEC)
- VSCA is part of the Executive Roundtable on College Access with SCHEV, VCAN, VASFAA, VACRAO and VAEOPP
- VSCA is continuing its partnership with NASA and VCCS to co-sponsor the workshops for middle school counselors and others on STEM opportunities
- VSCA collaborated on the i-am-the-one Middle School Curriculum with SCHEV
- VSCA brought greetings at the VCAN conference in December
- PCACAC registration discount for VSCA members at “drive-in” workshop
- Summer Academy 9 in Arlington, August 1 - Ballston, VA
- Annual Conference is moving to the fall, October 1 - 3, Richmond, VA