We Are Together Tamanend!
April 18, 2019
Check Out Tamanend on Fox 29's "The Classh-room" Game Show on Monday 4/22 at 6:30 PM
The links below include a variety of show clips and promotional materials:
Thank you to the following faculty members who accompanied us to the Fox 29 Studios on Saturday, March 30: Gretchen McFarland, Kristen Ryan, Mike Schaefer, and Mary Kate Kern. A special thank you to Kristen Ryan for organizing the teams and handling all of the logistics with Fox 29.
Reminder--Change to School District Calendar
Upcoming Events at a Glance
7th & 8th Grade PSSA Testing for English Language Arts--Tuesday, April 16 & Wednesday, April 17
AcaTamaJam--Friday, April 26 at 7:00 PM
10th Annual Central Bucks A Cappella Fesitival--Saturday, April 27 at 7:00 PM at Tamanend
7th & 8th Grade PSSA Testing for Math--Tuesday, April 30
8th Grade PSSA Testing for Science--Thursday, May 2
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon--Monday, May 6
May 2nd Spring Concert Time Change
Reminder--PSSA Testing Dates--April 16, 17, 30 & May 2
The Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) exams will be administered on April 16, April 17, April 30, and May 2. This link to the Tamanend website has further information for your reference.
Reminder From Parent Council--Help Make Teacher Appreciation Week Special
Teacher Appreciation Week will be celebrated May 6th-10th. We plan to honor all Tamanend teachers and staff members on Monday, May 6th with the annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
If you would like to contribute a food or dessert item for the luncheon, kindly use the sign up genius form to note your donation. Parent volunteers are needed to assist with set-up, serving, and clean-up of the luncheon.
Parent Council will be surprising staff Tuesday thru Friday (May 7-10) with daily drawings for treats and goodies. We are collecting items for the daily drawings. Please drop off to the main office any item you would like to donate for this fun event (small gift cards, bagged candies, treats, coffees, teas, flowers). We ask that all donations be turned in by Friday, April 26th.
Thank you for helping to make Teacher Appreciation Week fun for the Tamanend staff!
Wesley Enhanced Living Visit
Students from Mrs. Frymoyer and Mrs. Heisey’s classrooms visited Wesley Enhanced Living residents this week on their Community-Based Instruction trip. Prior to visiting, they made Spring cards to hand out to residents. They also prepared the song “You are my Sunshine” and performed it on their visit. While interacting with residents, students worked on their greetings and conversational skills, which brought many smiles to their faces.
Athletic Department News
- 7th Graders interested in playing football at Tamanend…you and your parents should plan to attend an informational meeting in Tamanend’s cafeteria on Tuesday, May 14th at 6:00. You will receive information about the football program, as well as details on voluntary workouts at the end of May/beginning of June and again in August. Tamanend’s coaches hope to see you there!.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- There will be a concussion meeting, followed by mandatory ImPact testing, for all students trying out for Fall sports at CB South on Monday, May 13th at 3:00 in the auditorium at CB South. Bus transportation will be provided, and students must be picked up by parents at CB South. Any current 8th or 9th grade student interested in playing a Fall sport at South must register with Mr. Klein in order to take the bus.
- CB South Golf: Interest meeting to be held on Monday, May 13 in the CB South Forum Room at the conclusion of the mandatory fall sport concussion meeting. This is for any boy or girl who will be in grades 9-12 next school year and wants to try out for the golf team.
- CB South Girls Basketball open gyms will be held Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 and Wednesdays from 2:30-4:00, beginning April 16th. There will be no open gym on May 21st.
- CB South Girls Volleyball open gyms are held Wednesdays in the Aux Gym from 7:00 to 9:00.
- CB South Boys Basketball open gyms will be held Mondays 6:30-8:00 and Thursdays from 3:00 to 4:30, through June 6th.
- All open gyms are weather dependent. Announcements will be made for cancellations.
This Week's Athletic Schedule
- 7th Grade Girls Soccer vs. Unami (Home)
- Varsity Track @ Unami (Away); buses leave at 2:40
- 7th Grade Softball @ Unami (Away); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Baseball @ Unami (Away); bus leaves at 2:40
- 8th Grade Girls Soccer @ Klinger (Away); bus leaves at 2:20
- Varsity Track vs. Holicong (at Tohickon); buses leave at 2:40
- 7th Grade Softball @ Holicong (Away); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Baseball @ Holicong (Away); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Girls Soccer @ Unami (Away); bus leaves at 2:40
- Girls Lacrosse against Unami (Away vs. Unami; on turf at CB West’s Coach Pettine Sports Complex); bus leaves at 2:40
- 8th Grade Baseball @ New Hope-Solebury (Away); bus leaves at 2:20
- Boys Lacrosse vs. Unami (Home)
- 8th Grade Girls Soccer vs. Newtown (Home)
- Varsity Track @ Holland (at Council Rock South HS); buses leave at 2:20
Reminder--The Diary of Anne Frank Performance
Relay for Life 2019 Update
Student registration for Relay for Life is now closed. Thank you for the strong response for a great Relay 2019!
Team captains are currently working on Chaperone schedules. Each team must have at least two parents/guardians present at all times during the entire Relay event on Saturday, May 18. Students should coordinate times with their parents and team captain. Final chaperone schedules are due Tuesday, April 23, at our next Captain Meeting during Advisory in room 230.
Once chaperone schedules are complete, chaperones will need to register online. Please wait until all chaperone timeslots are finalized to register.
All chaperones must attend one of the informational chaperone meetings. Chaperones may attend on either April 23 or 24 at 7 pm at Tohickon.
Moe's Southwest Fundraiser for Relay for Life--Thursday, April 18
Chipoltle Fundraiser for Relay for Life--Tuesday, April 30
AcaTamaJam--Friday, April 26 at 7:00 PM
Reminder--Join Us for the Central Bucks A Capella Festival--April 27 at Tamanend
The 10th Annual Central Bucks A Cappella Festival will be held at Tamanend on Saturday April 27th. Throughout the day, Chieftain Chorus students and members of other select choral ensembles throughout CB will have the opportunity to work with two amazing guest artists. The House Jacks will be back for the 6th time – their powerful brand of a cappella matches their reputation as a ‘rock band without instruments.’ You’ll love their high-energy performance from start to finish. Also visiting this year is the ‘Father of Contemporary A Cappella’ himself – Deke Sharon. As the music producer of all three Pitch Perfect movies, multiple seasons of the Sing Off, the touring acts Vocalosity and DCappella, and more, Deke brings his passion for a cappella to CB as a clinician and guest performer at the evening concert. If you are interested in attending the concert (7pm, 4/27 at Tamanend), please visit the CB A Cappella Festival Website for more information and the ticket link.
Reminder--Support CB South's First Annual Color Run!
Reminder--Please Consider Supporting the Tamanend Blood Drive--April 18
Please consider giving blood! Nationwide, someone needs a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.
Thank you for supporting the American Red Cross blood program!
Site: Tamanend Middle School
Room Name: Cafeteria
Date: Thursday Apr 18, 2019
Time: 02:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Coordinator Name: Amanda Higgins
Click here to make an appointment or email email@example.com
Reminder--Order Your Copy of the Tamanend Yearbook!
Click here to order your copy of this year's Tamanend yearbook. The cost is $40.
Reminder--Student Assistance Program (SAP)
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) has been established in schools throughout Pennsylvania. SAP Programs provide schools with the means to identify, refer, and support students who are exhibiting behavioral, academic, or attendance issues that put them at risk. Tamanend has a team of dedicated school personnel who are trained to assist students, faculty and family members in identifying problems that impact the student’s ability to function in school. The team can also offer students and their families resources to assist them in alleviating these problems. For more information about the SAP Program, please click here. To complete a SAP referral form for a Tamanend student, please click here.
Reminder--The Next Meeting of the Tamanend Parent Book Club is May 13
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
Reminder--Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal email@example.com
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse email@example.com
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
Reminder--Grandfamilies Support Group
Parent Positive Event--Don't Stall, Just Call
Join Us for Our Upcoming Parent Positive Event
April 25, 2019 | 7 pm
Lenape Middle School
featuring Mary Ciammetti, Founder of Don’t Stall, Just Call
Don’t Stall, Just Call is an alcohol poisoning education program for university, college, and high school students and their families. The program aims to educate parents and students of all ages about the effects of alcohol on the body and teaches how to recognize alcohol poisoning, get immediate help and understand medical amnesty. Both high school students and parents are strongly encouraged to attend with the prom season, senior week and college campus life right around the corner for so many students and parents.
Babysitting is available for children five and older and will be provided by CB High School National Honor Society and Key Club students. Drop-off for babysitting will begin at 6:30 pm and pick-up will immediately follow the program.
Registration is required for babysitting. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dont-stall-just-call-parent-positive-registration-59329295520
Nominate a Tamanend Student for April's Boomerang Award!
Thursday, May 16th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900