PSE Weekly Howl
We've got the power - back on!
Around 1:30 this afternoon, PSE and neighboring areas lost power. We worked closely with Evergy, our district facilities, and maintenance staff to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. During this time, our students and staff could continue school activities. This was possible due to emergency and natural lighting around the school. Power was restored at 2:33.
A special thanks to our students and staff who quickly adjusted to our “no power” time this afternoon. We look forward to a great end to our Red Friday!
Valentine's Day Party
We are excited to celebrate Valentine's Day with our students and wanted to give you some preliminary information in case you are starting to think about Valentine's Day.
- Valentine’s Parties will be on Friday, February 10th at 2:45
- Students may distribute Valentine's Day cards to the entire class.
- If you are going to attach food to the Valentines, we encourage it to be from the nut-safer list.
- Valentines can also have non-edible items attached or can be Valentine's card!
- All food consumed at the party (party snacks) must comply with the approved Nut Safer List.
Watch for more information from your room parents and classroom teacher in the next week or two.
PSE Kindergarten Pre-Registration Form
Incoming Kindergarten Information
We are excited to start welcoming our Kindergarten families for the Fall of 2023. Children who reside in Blue Valley Schools and turn 5 years of age by August 31 are eligible to attend kindergarten that school year. If you live in the PSE Elementary boundaries and will have an incoming Kindergarten student next fall, please click on this link to pre-register:
CLICK HERE: Pre-Registration Kindergarten 22-23
More information will be shared with you at the end of February, including welcome videos, online registration instructions, and information about Kindergarten Round-Up in April.
Please pass this link on to neighbors that might not have a student in our system and might not yet receive our weekly emails!
Save the Date for Spring Conferences at PSE
Here are the times that PSE will hold the Spring Conferences:
- Wednesday, February 15th, 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm held at PSE (zoom or in person)
- Thursday, February 16th, 8:15 am - 4:00 pm held at PSE (zoom or in person)
- Thursday, February 16th, 4:00 pm -7:15 pm held via ZOOM
Staff will continue to utilize an online signup system as a convenient way for you to schedule conferences for your child(ren). Your student's teacher will email conference links the weekend of January 27th.
If you sign up for a Zoom conference, a Zoom link will be emailed to you by your teacher about one week before the conference.
Fostering Safe Learning Environments
We Need Your Yearbook Candids!
We are currently seeking candids for this year's yearbook. Please look through your pictures and send us what you have of: Sneak-a-Peek, First Day, Wolf Walk, Field Trips, Class Parties (Fall and winter), Trunk-or-treat, After School Activities (scouts, sports, extracurriculars), Late Night at the Star and Snow Day.
To submit pictures, please use your Shutterfly log-in credentials (username and password are free to set up) at
community.lifetouch.com. Once logged in, you can enter the code TEAM-PRAIRIE-STAR-23. You can select, upload and tag images according to grade and event. Please see the flyer below for the steps.
Please email us with questions at email@example.com.
Sally Groesbeck, Abbie Moles & Amy Warren
- PTO @ 8:30
- 13 Beats Fundraiser-more information to come
- Valentine's Day Party 2:45
- PTC Week
- No School
- No School President's Day
- PSE PTO Parent Social and Silent Auction 6:00-9:00 @ Pinstripes
- 1st Grade Program at 6:30
- PTO @ 8:30
- No School
- Spring Break
- No School
- Late Night at the Star