Newsletter for Okeeheelee Families
Welcome Back 2022
Mrs. Morales, Principal
First Day of School: August 10th
- August 10th is the first day of school for all students.
- Supervision is provided starting at 9:00am.
- Students will report to "Zero Hour" at 9:30am.
- Signs will be posted around school with the location of the zero hour (alpha according to grade).
- All students will receive their class schedule during zero hour.
- Don't worry, we will help your child find their designated room!
6th Grade Orientation
Breakfast and Lunch: FREE for ALL STUDENTS
Bus Riders Must “Register Your Ride”
The Register Your Ride portal will open on Monday, July 12. Parents and guardians must complete a brief registration to ensure their child is assigned to a bus. The child must have a student ID to use when registering.
Bus stops will only be available within the Choice Transportation Zone for each school, and additional stops will not be created. Visit the Choice Transportation Zones webpage to select the relevant school and view maps. Facial coverings are optional on school buses for the 2021-2022 school year, and social distancing is encouraged at bus stops.
Answers to frequently asked questions can be viewed on the Transportation FAQ website. Other useful information is available on the Register Your Ride page. For additional assistance, contact the Transportation Call Center at (561) 357-1110.
- Chromebooks will be distributed to students during the first week of school.
- All students should have a working Chromebook.
- Students experiencing issues with their Chromebook should notify the grade level office.
Clubs and Sports Return!
Download the District App
Everything you want to know about your child’s school experience can now be found anytime, in one convenient place. The School District of Palm Beach County's mobile app can access a variety of information such as the District’s approved calendar.
It also includes the ability to make school payments or get push notifications containing important news.
Parents can see their child’s scheduled school lunch menu with pictures and nutritional values, sign up for Free and Reduced Lunch meal plans, and check account balances.
Additionally, parents can locate their assigned bus route and get directions using a Google Map that shows all of the District schools.
Download the FortifyFL App
In collaboration with the state of Florida, the School District of Palm Beach County is rolling out one more way to keep your children safe at school.
Students, parents, community members, and School District staff are encouraged to download the FortifyFL app. FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.
Making a threat on social media is a crime and is considered a second-degree felony in Florida. Threats made toward schools, regardless of the severity of the threat, will be taken seriously by authorities.
The app is quick and easy to navigate. Users can provide a description of the threat, as well as share pictures and videos all while remaining anonymous. Tips are reported to school administrators, school police, local law enforcement and state investigators.
Tips are monitored 24 hours a day and in some cases, School Police are handling the situation in the middle of the night.
Guiding Document for 2021-2022
- All incoming 7th graders must have a physical that was completed on August 10, 2020 or later!
- Immunizations are required for all 7th grade students.
- Please submit to the 7th grade office ASAP
- For more information, please visit the District's School Entry Health Requirements page.
- RESPECT EVERYONE: Treat everyone the way you want them to treat you.
- BE RESPONSIBLE: You are responsible for your own actions.
- YOU ARE PART OF A COMMUNITY: Your actions impact others around you.
Student Uniform Shirt Sales
School Uniforms on now on sale!
- Please bring a copy of the order form with you. If you can not, you can also pick one up at the front of school during check-in.
- Make checks payable to Okeeheelee Middle School.
- If you are paying in cash, exact change only.
- Due to CDC guidelines, there no refunds or exchanges. All sales are final (make sure shirt sizes are ordered correctly).
Monday 7/19 - Thursday 7/29
- Uniform sales are from 9 - 12 pm and 1 - 3 pm Monday - Thursday
- NO SALES on Thursday 7/22 & Monday 7/26
- Special Days:
- July 27 - 6th Grade
- July 28 - 7th Grade
- July 29 - 8th Grade
Monday 8/2 - Monday 8/9
- Uniform sales are from 9 - 12 pm and 1 - 3 pm Monday - Friday
- Monday 8/2 - CLOSED
- Wednesday 8/4 from 1 - 3 pm only
- Monday 8/9 from 9 - 12 pm only
Beginning Wednesday 8/11
- T-shirts and book bags will be on sale from 9 - 3:30 from the 6th grade office.
If you have any questions, please contact the school at 561-434-3200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the OMS Website!
Who to Turn To:
All questions or concerns should be directed to the appropriate grade level office.
6th Grade Office: Phone 561-434-3262
Assistant Principal: Ms. Livingston
School Counselor: Ms. Betancourt
Office Secretary: Mrs. Francisco
7th Grade Office: Phone 561-434-3203
Assistant Principal: Mr. Argain
School Counselor: Mrs. Velazquez
Office Secretary: Mrs. Walker
8th Grade Office: Phone 561-434-3216
Assistant Principal: Mr. Stewart
School Counselor: Ms. Padron
Office Secretary: Mrs. Estrella
ESOL Coordinator: Mrs. Moreira
ISA Coordinator: Mr. Montero
ESE Coordinator: Ms. Menor