Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Severe temper outbursts 3+ times per week
- Angry, sad, irritable mood almost daily
- Age of at least 6 years - beginning before age 10
- Trouble functioning in more than one place
- Symptoms present for at least a year
Information obtained from American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Evaluations / What to Do
The treatment will be individualized to the needs of the particular child and their family. It may include therapy on an individual basis, working directly with the child's family and or school, and may include the use of medication.
Parents should research DMDD and learn as much as they can about the disorder. Involving themselves with parental support groups and networking activities.
Information obtained from Psychcentral.com