CN Jr/Sr HS WeAreOne
March 15, 2020
So many of the conversations I have been involved in since late last week have included the word "can't". We just can't believe this is happening. We can't travel. We can't gather in large groups. Our kids can't go to school. We can't watch March Madness. We can't find toilet paper or bottled water. The list goes on.
If we focus on the "can't", it can be downright disheartening. At times like this, it can be much more positive and productive to focus on what we CAN do. Below are some of the can's that might give us a better outlook. Feel free to share your ideas as well!
Positive Things We CAN do while we watch the Corona Virus pass through history:
- Call someone you haven't talked to in a while. A high school or college friend you've lost touch with, an old neighbor that you miss, a relative that you don't see or talk to often. What a great opportunity to reconnect.
- Write a bunch of thank you, thinking of you, wish you well notes. It will lift your spirit and brighten someone's day.
- Clean out the junk draw, closet, catch-all cupboard.
- Watch a new movie each week or start a family tv series together.
- Cook. Make a new recipe, try a new food, Teach your kids how to do something in the kitchen. Make a meal as a family - everyone is in charge of one thing.
- Work out. It's good for your body, mind, and spirit.
- Read. 20 minutes everyday. It's also good for the body, mind, and spirit.
- Start our flowers and plants so they are ready to go when the ground is ready.
- Start your 4H projects.
- Write a grant, research a new way of doing things, look for ways to grow your craft.
- Tackle a home improvement project or craft project with your family.
- Learn a new card game or game.
- Change all of the batteries in your smoke detectors and flashlights.
- Spring clean.
- Walk outside. Everyday. Soak in the fresh air and hopefully sunshine!
- Say a prayer for those who are most affected by this and for all of us to be safe and well.
The choice is yours. You can focus on the "Can't" or you can focus on the "Can". Where you are at the end of this time in history will most assuredly be determined by which focus you choose.
I saw this posted a couple of times this weekend and while I don't know the source, the sentiment was worth sharing . . . in the end, it will be impossible to know if we overreacted or did too much, but it will be QUITE apparent if we under reacted and did too little.
Schedule for Monday, March 16
7:45 a.m. Devotional Gathering (for anyone who would like to participate; meet by guidance )
9:00 a.m. Staff Meeting in Cafe
10:00 a.m. 20 minutes for 20 days (anyone who would like to walk meet in the gym daily)
11:00 a.m. Google Classroom introduction in Cafe (30-45 min)
1:00 p.m. Math Dept Mtg
1:30 p.m. Language Arts Dept Mtg
2:00 p.m. Wrap things up for the day
* Casual dress daily
** Lunch is on your own daily (unless announced otherwise in advance)
CN Jr/Sr HS Digital Learning Tentative Schedule
Please look at the schedule below and we will discuss further tomorrow.
Cougar Card Challenge
Write 5 Cougar Cards by Friday of each week,
(turn in by noon on Fridays)
and you will be entered into a weekly drawing for $5 gift cards!
4/6 - 4/10 - Spring Break
4/27 - Return to regular schedule