Mrs. Holloway's Room 16 News
August 31 - September 4
Picture Day is this Friday, September 4th!
Book orders are coming home!
You may also order online @ the link below! Each order placed helps us earn points to grow our classroom library!
What we are learning this week:
Spelling City Practice Links
- We will be learning about dialogue and "talking back" to the characters
- We'll discuss first and third person and will identify the person telling the story
Nonfiction Skill: Text Features (Focus on Table of Contents)
- We will practice identifying and searching for text features
- Students will practice using a table of contents in passages
We are excited to be doing some of this learning and practice in this week's Canvas module on the iPad! Students are doing a fantastic job navigating this new learning management tool!
- Types of sentences and correctly using a period, question mark, and exclamation point
- Identifying and using feelings/voice when reading a passage and writing our own
- Subtracting 0, 1, and 2
- Thinking Addition to Subtract
- Thinking Addition to 10 to Subtract
- Thinking Addition to 18 to Subtract