A Look Ahead to the Week
Welcome back to the 2nd Semester of the school year. Time to push the reset button. Realize that this is a fresh start in ALL of your classes. Use this opportunity to get off on the right foot and improve your grades and GPA!!
Bad Joke of the Week
Funky January Holidays
-National Oatmeal/Soup Month
-Hot Tea Month
January 2nd is "run up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes" day
January 3rd is "festival of sleep" and "humiliation" day
January 6th is my birthday (which should be a recognized national holiday)
January 11th is "step in a puddle and splash your friends" day
January 16th is "appreciate a dragon" day (very important)
January 21st is "squirrel appreciation day (more important)
January 15th is (or is not?) "opposite" day
'Twas the Season
Riddle me This.
First person to answer this gets a shout-out on the next Marksmen Minute!Heaven has its pearly gates, but mine is made of gold. What am I?
Congratulations to Jessie Wheatley for getting the last riddle correct! In case you just couldn't put your finger on it, the answer to last week's riddle was 'your tongue'.
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, January 04
- School Resumes
Tuesday, January 05
- Grade Input Deadline at 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, January 06
Thursday, January 07
- House/GO RED Activities: Distribution of Grade Cards, Polar Bear Plunge in Room 619, Hacky Sack Club in PE Gym, Robotics - Room 614
- V/JV Wrestling vs. Jasper at 5:30
- JH Girls basketball vs. Cannelton at 6:00
- Varsity Swimming vs. Heritage Hills at 6:00
Friday, January 08
- January DC payments due in office at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 09
- 8th Grade Boys basketball tourney at 9:00 a.m.
Sunday, January 10
Menu (January 04 - 08)
- Breakfast - French Toast w/Syrup, Sausage, Fruit, Juice/Milk
- Lunch - Chicken Breast Sandwich, Lettuce, Tater Tots, Fruit/Milk
- Breakfast - Biscuits & Gravy, Hash Browns, Fruit, Juice/Milk
- Lunch - Chicken & Noodles, Green Beans, Carrot Sticks w/Dip, Hot Roll, Fruit/Milk
- Breakfast - Breakfast Pizza, Cereal, Fruit, Juice/Milk
- Lunch - Hot Ham & Cheese, Baked Beans, Broccoli w/Dip, Baked Chips, Fruit/Milk
- Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs/Bacon, Toast, Fruit, Juice/Milk
- Lunch - Tacos w/Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Salsa, Corn, Cookies, Fruit/Milk
- Breakfast - Pancakes w/Syrup, Sausage, Fruit, Juice/Milk
- Lunch - Pizza, Salad w/Spinach, Dressing, Croutons, Bacon Bits, Cookies, Fruit/Milk
Bad Joke answer
A herd of nonies (no knees).
If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make it onto the Minute!