Glenholme School Newsletter
Week 10, Term 2, Thursday 8th July 2021
Kia ora koutou,
We have come to the end of a busy term 2 and are now looking forward to an exciting term 3. Next term we start with Academic Achievement Discussions in Week 2. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear about your child's academic achievements and to catch up with your child’s teacher to share strategies to assist their future learning. Thank you to all of you who have already booked your appointment time.
At the same time as Academic Achievement Discussions we look forward to the exhibition of artwork which the tamariki in Whakapoungakau team have produced while they have been working on the Creatives in Schools project.
Next term all of our classes will be working on the whole school production. Unfortunately last year we had to cancel our school production due to the uncertainty of COVID levels, but this year it is full steam ahead. Even before the teachers start working on the class items we know that Whaea Susan is planning and writing the production. It is a big job which she does so well.
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has supported the FOTS Spelling Bee. We know that the Spelling Bee is a great opportunity for our tamariki to learn and also a great way to make some money which goes directly back into the school. At last count the money raised was $9,507.20. This is a fantastic achievement and we thank our FOTS members and you for your support.
Thank you also to those families and staff members who have donated items to be sent to Fiji. This is very generous and most appreciated.
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday break. We look forward to seeing everyone back at school on Monday 26th July.
Matariki Pictures from B7
Academic Achievement Discussions
Wednesday 4th August and Thursday 5th August 2021
We ask parents to collect their tamariki from school at 2.00pm on both of these days.
Please contact the school office if your child requires supervision from 2.00pm to 3.00pm.
Appointments are now open and can be made online www.schoolinterviews.co.nz
Our event code is 9gqnq
If you are unable to book via the website please phone our School Office (348 1489) to make you bookings.
Bookings are now open!
- Pukehangi Matariki Morning - Thursday 8th July
- School Assembly/Spelling Bee Prizedraw - Friday 9th July
- End of Term 2 - Friday 9th July
- Start of Term 3 - Monday 26th July
- Academic Achievement Discussions - 4th/5th August, Week 2
- School Assembly - Friday 6th August
- Board of Trustees Meeting - Tuesday 10th August
- Tihiōtonga Team Museum Visit - Tuesday August 17th
- Tihiōtonga Team Museum Visit - Tuesday August 19th
- School Assembly - Friday 20th September
- School Production - 29th September
- School Production - 30th September
- End of Term 3 - 1st October